Well...it had to be on the web...

Oh yeah? Oh yeah? Oh...bother.

Joined the crypts (and boy, did I love saying that for a while) in Tucson last year for a meeting. What a bunch of odd ducks, but fun !

I'm a crypto-cryptozoologist myself, sehkrit handshake and all.... Ah, for my own coelacanth equivalent to wash up on the Dutch shores...

They just talked about the results from a survey on the news here in NZ,

When asked what was most important in peoples lives - friends family and leisure was a clear winner (70%), followed by politics (20%), and then, comming in last place - religion (10%).

I'm still quite surprised that many people are that into politics - or religion for that matter :biggrin2:

here in the states you are expected to put work first. Never much cared for that myself - had my benefit package "improved" too many times by companies. It always seemed the improved version took away something.

Well, on top of our attitude about work in the U.S. - where we have less paid-vacation time than any other industrialized country - how about the Japanese attitude regarding work? There they have mandatory vacation time, but Japanese workers still tend to come into work on that time. Not because their companies coerce them, but because they JUST CAN'T STAY AWAY (boy I wish I could figure out how to do italics on Tonmo - hate making it look like I'm flaming people)!

When I lived in West Germany as a rather disturbed teenager, I learned the expression "Others work to live. Germans live to work". I guess this makes the Japan-German part of the Axis make a little more sense, but how the heck do the Italians possibly fit into that equation?:wink: Not that I hold that against them. Out of every place I've ever visited in the World, I don't think I've ever felt more automatically at-home with a culture. Ever. True sense of priorities.

Back on the thread, Bravo to the judge in this ruling! Makes it even sweeter that he's a Bush-appointed conservative church-going Christian. It'll be harder for ID proponents to argue this one.

"And forgive them their trespasses, as we may be forgiven for ignoring their trespasses against formal logic"

Sigh...

Well, we all KNOW that great Cthulhu spawned all life. And death. And little rubbery bits. And lemmings. And ourang-utans. And breakfast cereals. And...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back