TONMOCON III

.... I rather like the idea of Monterey Bay, but I'm a tad biased (I want to do some research there [MBARI]). A wonderful place!

Regardless, I'll be wherever it is, as long as it isn't in NZ (bad weather)! Can we have it tomorrow somewhere, please ....

This is gonna be a tough call! Probably a good idea to start the planning process now; for the others we started about a year in advance... gotta get Erich back online!

Summer '09 seems to be the way to go. June, July or August?

The Southeast is definitely out, since the last one was in Sarasota. I'm staying neutral on the rest, I love Seattle, love San Francisco. love Monterrey, don't love Washington D.C, or Baltimore, (too hot and humid) haven't been in Galveston in years, but it's pretty miserable in the summer too,... Having someone in Seattle able to help put things together would be a huge plus, and of course, we have several members in the Bay area, so that would be a selling point. How about it Roy? Any tours of your lab possible? Thales, would you be able to work something out at the Steinhart?

Well, I've finally soldiered through the (latest) revision on the novel, so I guess the time is right to get back into things here. Sorry to be absent so long!

You know, Rebecca and I are looking at moving to Seattle in the future, so I could conceivably get things rolling in the Pacific Northwest... lotta GPOs up that way... in fact just about everything beneath the waves grows a bit bigger up that way...

sorseress;123483 said:
we have several members in the Bay area, so that would be a selling point. How about it Roy? Any tours of your lab possible? Thales, would you be able to work something out at the Steinhart?

I am sure it possible. I'll be able to find out more in October after the opening!
Paradox and Mucktopus also lives here, at least sometimes!

I'm with the Mid Cal people... June is nice, July is achievable, as long as it isn't too near to the 22nd, as I'll be in a boat somewhere south east of Japan watching this century's longest eclipse at that time, and August would be fun if it would include the 2nd, being my b'day :smile:

I know a few people at the Seattle Aquarium. I could begin contacting them if need be. Additionally, the public transportation system in Seattle is wonderful. I was there this past May and June and the temperatures were in the 70s. Not too shabby.

I cannot wait to go again, wherever it is.

Greg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back