Poll: What would you like the AUT squid lab to talk about at TCON6?

I would be most interested in the following presentations from the AUT squid team:

• "Weird and wonderful" show and tell of random (preserved) cool cephs we have lying around the lab

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Real-time dissection/examination of some squid or other

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Biodiversity, taxonomy, and finding new species

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Colossal squid stuff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giant (and other) squid ink

• Other (feel free to request in a post below!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Hi everyone,

We've had a few (possibly?) interesting ideas for things we could talk about during our 45-min Skype-in session in the afternoon, so thought maybe we should ask which of them people would most like to hear/see about? We're flexible :smile: ... And well aware that you will have been watching talks for most of the day already!

We'll keep the poll open for about two weeks (so until about 10 days before the con) and then close it off to give us time to prepare the presentations of your choice. Aaron, Heather and I will be "there", and if you're keen for the ink talk we'll bring in our chemist friend who's doing the fancy analysis stuff on that project.

You WANT us to talk about taxonomy? :shock: Groovy! I have added that to the biodiversity option because it would fit in nicely with those topics... actually it was sort of what I had in mind anyway but wanted to use more exciting words to sneak it in :roll:

You WANT us to talk about taxonomy? :shock: Groovy! I have added that to the biodiversity option because it would fit in nicely with those topics... actually it was sort of what I had in mind anyway but wanted to use more exciting words to sneak it in :roll:

It may surprise you to know that not everyone who frequents this board is a biologist or even an active aquarist! Some of us are... cephalopod enthusiasts (full disclosure: I used to be an aquarist but retired from that hobby... by education, I am a physicist... by profession, I am essentially a banker of sorts).

From TONMOCon I seek to mingle with like-minded enthusiasts and to learn about cephalopods, so being brought up to date on taxonomy is actually pretty cool.

I have a friend who lives in Auckland who is currently asking "Really, Auckland U of T?" on my facebook page :smile:

Oh, we've been around these boards a while... I'm familiar with the group's diversity :wink: Just pleased that there's some interest in taxonomy, which we normally have to "dress up" a bit in order to take it out in public :wink:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back