SQUIDCAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm curious....Tide being right for me when I collect is dead low, during slack! I also collect tons of grass shrimp at that time. Any pics of your "secret" spot, or would that mean it wouldn't be a secret anymore??? Shame I missed it!!! Please post again when you have another opportunity where we can watch!!!

Carol

Fed him a swag of shrimp again today .... he's a pig, and he's certainly growing!

Attachments

• conv_287563.jpg
    conv_287563.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 113
  • conv_287564.jpg
    conv_287564.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 128
  • conv_287565.jpg
    conv_287565.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 110
I just noticed, squiddy is 4 months old today. Yesterday I thought he was sick (I was a little nervous), but in fact I don't think he is. He's certainly hovering around the bottom of the tank more than he used to, so for long periods of time he might be out of camera frame. I also got told off today, 2 months after doing it, for moving the camera around Christmas time; I guess someone has just returned to work after a nice 'wee' vacation.

Will definitely have to move the camera, hopefully today; I haven't seen it online for a couple of days, but he's alive and well down the bottom, munching on shrimp.

A little later today, 11am, I'll drop a ton of shrimp in there - should be a feeding frenzy, and we'll probably see Mr Squid move higher in the water column.

A couple of things could be responsible for the descent in the water column; natural ontogenetic drop, extra light (very sunny days of late, and this is next to a window), or shrimp around the bottom of the tank (and this fella is hunting them down). We'll see soon.

Here we go....Is that 11Am your time or our time? We figured out last time there's 6 hours time difference so it's 7:18PM EST now..... :mrgreen: So...is it 1PM there so I missed it yet again????

Carol

Sudden change of plans; last-minute call-out to sea, so had to dump a ton of sprats in instead, at an earlier time. REAL sorry!!!!!! Will try and do the shrimp in 2 days; am at sea again tomorrow.
O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back