[Octopus]: "WHATLEY" the O.briareus

A new vid from @sedna posted to our YouTube channel (here); sharing here as well:

Octopus Tank Cleaning
--WHATLEY the Caribbean Reef octopus (O.briareus) comes out midday to supervise housecleaning. ~Sedna@TONMO

Looks very happy and well established! How long did WHATLEY take to show more confident behaviour?

Looks very happy and well established! How long did WHATLEY take to show more confident behaviour?
It was very tiny when it first came, in the first month I'd go for days without seeing it. It took about 5 weeks for it to be more confident, but I think that's because of how young it was. When I've gotten older ones it can be as soon as a week to warm up.

It was very tiny when it first came, in the first month I'd go for days without seeing it. It took about 5 weeks for it to be more confident, but I think that's because of how young it was. When I've gotten older ones it can be as soon as a week to warm up.
Oh that make sense! I'm asking because my hummelincki is very shy but this is his third week, he's also very small. The other Hummelincki I had before Tulu was bigger and took only 3 days for getting out most of the time. So it's just about waiting then!

:-( was thinking that could be the case. It's a HARD HOBBY. Thank you for doing it. ♥️
I HATE to blame it on my kid- but since I wasn't in town when it happened... she really thought she had everything shut tight. In 15 years it's the first time at this zoo- but once is too many!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back