• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus Availability

nyaquatics.com has an "octopus bali" for sale on page 3 of the inverts tab. It's for $34.95. They only have two, I sent an e-mail to them.

This looks likely to be the same species of Macropus as Puddles (about aculeatus size fully grown) but they don't say where it is from (they do give a warm water range though). This is one of my favorites BUT I was never able to get either of mine to come out at all during the day. Both were very interactive at 3:00 AM though. Many of their Diver's Den octos have been Caribbean and there is a considerably larger Macropus found here that would look similar.

It says that the Macropus is "Balinese".. for a few minutes I was debating whether that meant its origin, and after that time and a Google search I realized that it's from "Bali" which is in Indonesia.. so if that gives any hint as to its origin, there it is.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back