• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus Availability

:sad: I am very very sad to post this but Live Aquaria has Caribbean octopus available :sad:. If only I had my 75 gallon set up I could order it... Of course if I had my 75 gallon set up I would have gotten that second octopus from Joe-Ceph and it would be full any way. :biggrin2:

At this point for me, if I REALLY wanted to order it, I would have to move baby to my nano tank and rehome the fish already in the tank.... my husband would strenuously object.

SabrinaR;174212 said:
:sad: I am very very sad to post this but Live Aquaria has Caribbean octopus available :sad:. If only I had my 75 gallon set up I could order it... Of course if I had my 75 gallon set up I would have gotten that second octopus from Joe-Ceph and it would be full any way. :biggrin2:

At this point for me, if I REALLY wanted to order it, I would have to move baby to my nano tank and rehome the fish already in the tank.... my husband would strenuously object.

Dilemma, dilemma, dilemma...what is a girl to do. lol

SabrinaR;174212 said:

Admitting that you have a problem is the first step toward recovery.

Joe-Ceph;174217 said:
Admitting that you have a problem is the first step toward recovery.

I know. I have a problem. Its not an easy thing for me to admit. I cant help it I love them. At least it isnt prada or mui mui but oh jimmy choo is my love.. well next to manolo... yes I have very expensive obsessions. :biggrin2:

I though Rich and Roy were both looking desperately for one of these O. Boki.

I hope it's not another Mercatoris Like I got. I still feel a little ripped off that I paid $130 for a $40 octo.

CaptFish;174482 said:
I though Rich and Roy were both looking desperately for one of these O. Boki.

I hope it's not another Mercatoris Like I got. I still feel a little ripped off that I paid $130 for a $40 octo.

I would call them out on it. Misidentifying an octopus in the Divers Den really isnt cool. I dont blame you for feeling ripped off I would too.

Too late now I'm sure.

But the purchaser of this octo should surly call and ask. I'm not sure who you would call though, The people that take the orders and answer the phone aren't even in the same state as actual animals and the person doing the IDing.

FYI: at Saltwaterfish.com today: "Octopus Pacific. This animal is solitary and can quickly change colors using specialized skin cells called chromatophores. Will get up to 4.73 inches in body size with tentacle spread of 24 inches.Octopus MUST be kept in a tank by itself with a very secured top so it cannot escape. These are intelligent creatures and will find a way out if given a chance. "

Price listed is $74.99

Sue

Interesting post. In the past they have been hummelincki but they have changed out their "borrowed" picture and removed reference to the eye spots in addition to adding the word Pacific (prior investigations suggested the hummelincki were from Haiti). I don't know what to think.

Wonderpus photogenicus

Found this beauty in The Coral Reef, Knoxville TN. This store belongs to SA. I don't know if it will be up for sale but my guess is it would be around $300 if so.

Attachments

• conv_298070.jpg
    conv_298070.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 87

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back