Octopus Availability

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm opening this thread a place to record where octopuses are currently offered for sale. I'll update this thread and delete out of date posts, so we keep the information current.

Please post only sites and LFSs that you've verified - in other words, you need to have phoned or visited to make sure any offering on the web is for real. No advertising directly from dealers allowed on this thread.

Nancy

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll be the first to post here:

Fish Supply is receiving a limited supply of octopuses - I believe they're mostly from Indonesia. They're known for doing a good job with shipping.

Just read about someone reporting an octo from Foster and Smith, and it arrived in good shape.

Some places may still have bimacs.

Nancy

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Registered
Reaction score
Marine Depot Live has taken the "Temporarily out of stock" text off their octopus page, so bimacs are presumably available.

Note should be made, however, that they claim to have Octopus bimaculatus rather than O. bimaculoides, which is more common in the hobby. What species they actually have has not been verified, however.

Dan

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Reaction score
That Pet Place in Pa had what they said was a baby Vulgaris. I had thoughts of running out there but Jess has been sick.

Armstrong

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
corw314 said:
That Pet Place in Pa had what they said was a baby Vulgaris. I had thoughts of running out there but Jess has been sick.
PA, pennsylvania? I know a pet store in Philadelphia called "The Hidden Reef"...they have a website, but don't have the pets listed. You have to call them. Iv called them before though and they have an octopus in stock, but from what iv heard...its in terrible condition. Only has 2 arms and doesn't do anything.

marineboy

Wonderpus
Registered
Reaction score
I have access to tons of bimac's where I live. I am shipping one to Dan hopefully in the next couple days. I do not run a buisness although my dad wants me to but I can do side deals with people if I feel they're trusted. I posted some pics of bimacs earlier and If your interested I can sell em cheap to you. Possibly free as long as you pay shipping. I don't know if thats considered worthy for this thread and I won't take it personaly nancy if you delete this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camcraig

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards