• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus Availability

They use a generic picture in their non-WYSIWYG offerings (not just octopuses but most others are sold specifically by species). I believe the one they use for assorted octopuses is O. mercatoris (Caribbean dwarf).

For those in the DFW metroplex, Dallas North Aquarium in Carrollton, TX has two O. Hummelinckis for sale. One male(larger) for $69.99 and one femaler(smaller) for $59.99 if anyone is interested. I was going to get them, but I currently don't have to space for them. Both animals are in excellent condition. They said they've had them for about a week now and both are eating well frozen food.

ieatfalalfel;177644 said:
@Skywindsurfer
can the Dallas North Aquarium ship octopuses? I am looking for one and cannot find any that actually know what spieces they are selling.

I'm sorry for taking so long to respond, I just saw this post. No they do not ship.

iAlex;179496 said:
LA has them on sale for $44.99, so they must have a lot in stock.

These are drop shipping for the 'California facility' which is an importer, so they may or may not actually have them in stock. The animals in the Divers Den all go to the Wisconsin facility where they are babied before they are sold.

I got Maya (hummelincki) from Diver's Den and Puddles (macropus) both were healthy. Sadly Maya brooded at the two week mark and they gave me credit because I identified the symptoms within a week. Puddles did quite well and died of old age.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back