It's Official: TONMOCON III in Monterey Bay

There might be cancellation #3. I'm having some relatively serious health issues but can't be sure what comes next until after my next md. appt. next week. Erich and Rebecca however, will be there! :smile:

What type of things are there for kids to do. My boys are pretty active and love taking pics. This will be our first time we come up to the bay. Well keep in touch let me know.

Depends, I kind of enjoyed my team sitting with a good book in the bookstore, I'm not much of an active person. But if I remember correctly, there's a bunch of stuff to do in the area.

How does taking pics of sea otters playing in the kelp sound? Of course there are the sea lions, and the aquarium itself is fascinating. If you go on up to San Francisco, there are a ton of things to do, including one of those "hands on" museums (I can't remember the name), cable cars, fishermen's wharf, the crookedest street, tour of Alcatraz, lots of stuff. Google Monterey, Carmel, and of course, SF. There shouldn't be any lack of things to do. In the Santa Cruz area there is an old fashioned railroad that goes through a redwood forest, and that's just over the bay from Monterey. I don't know how old your kids are, but the area is really rich with things to keep kids and their parents busy.

sorseress;136843 said:
...one of those "hands on" museums (I can't remember the name)...

the Exploratorium is likely the one you mean... or at least it's a good one.

Still not sure if I will be able to make it or not, three clients haven't paid me yet for work already completed, and the bills are mounting. Living on credit cards right now, which really stinks.

My wife and I will be attending. I have more that 30 years of in-water research on the giant Pacific octopus (Enteroctopus dofleini) and would be willing to do a 60 minute powerpoint presentation on the life history of the GPO along with some of the results of my research. Would that be of interest to you?

cthulhu77;136865 said:
Still not sure if I will be able to make it or not, three clients haven't paid me yet for work already completed, and the bills are mounting. Living on credit cards right now, which really stinks.
Sorry to hear that.:cry::sad:

cthulhu77;136865 said:
Very sorry to hear this Greg. Hope it all works out.

edofleini;136882 said:
My wife and I will be attending. I have more that 30 years of in-water research on the giant Pacific octopus (Enteroctopus dofleini) and would be willing to do a 60 minute powerpoint presentation on the life history of the GPO along with some of the results of my research. Would that be of interest to you?
Absolutely! There is some flexibility with the schedule but there are also a number of other proposals I've received -- if you can PM me your email address, or email me at [email protected], we can figure it out.

edofleini,
Did you happen to do a special that was aired recently (not sure when it was actually shot)? Sort of a one-man's interest kind of thing that has no funding but teriffic interest?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back