It's Official: TONMOCON III in Monterey Bay

I ................WANT...........TO .................COME!:cry:

Picture a tantrum...........on second thoughts don't, it's not pretty! I will just have to attend vicariously, thanks Tony for the webstreaming!!!!!

J

I'm mostly mad because I had this whole bloody thing planned out, and then my clients stopped paying me. Cheque is in the mail, yeah, right.

Don't feel bad, I found out Thurs. night that my vacation I put in for in Feb. has a 50/50 chance of getting thrown out because of last week's lateral move.... fun....

:mad::mad::mad:

WhiteKiboko;137494 said:
Don't feel bad, I found out Thurs. night that my vacation I put in for in Feb. has a 50/50 chance of getting thrown out because of last week's lateral move.... fun....

:mad::mad::mad:
You've got to make it, otherwise we won't have any videos of you destroying lesser opponents in arm wrestling!

I hope it's not too late to get in on TONMOCON III. If there is still space available, I will certainly be there for the talks on Saturday. I am in Palo Alto so I will probably just drive down for the day. I'm really looking forward to it!
Would it be okay to bring a "plus one'? My boyfriend is not a member of Tonmo, but is basically acting as my (unpaid!) saltwater technician and research assistant, and he may well want to come along too.
Thanks!
Lene.

If you want to know when the live broadcast is initiated (or even test sessions, of which I've run a couple), you can follow me on Twitter -- http://www.twitter.com/cephs -- whenever I post an update, you'll be notified. You can even choose to be notified via email, or have a text message buzzed to your phone. I plan to give TONMO.com updates a couple / few times a week going forward.

The streaming video site ustream.com lets you automatically send an update via Twitter when you start streaming. I haven't tried it yet, but may do so if I run another test between now and TONMOCON III.

If you're planning to follow TONMOCON III at home, it may be a good idea to follow me on Twitter and get email or SMS text (to your phone) updates, because I can't be exactly sure when I will and won't be streaming video. This way, you don't have to stare at the computer screen all weekend or keep hitting refresh to know when streaming starts.

When the screaming starts? *chuckle*

Thanks for all of the legwork for us of the poor starving masses crowd !

It's not clear to me how I set up Twitter so that I receive an email message (can't do phone messages, because I have to pay for those).

Could you give more detailed instructions please for those of us not so technically inclined?

I'm already following you on Twitter.

Thanks,

Nancy

Go to Twitter.com and be sure you're logged in. Click "Settings" in the upper right and choose the "Devices" tab to enter your mobile phone #, and turn Device Updates to "on".

Then go back to the Twitter.com homepage. On the right there's a link for "following". Click that, and you should get a list of all the people you are following, with an option to select Device Updates (on / off). By default people you follow are "off" for device updates.

possibility of assistance with squid dissecdtions

My husband, son and I will be coming down to the convention. We have about 20 frozen California Squid that we have been dissecting. When we did our dissections, there were parts that we discovered that were not on our diagrams. We were wondering if anyone would be willing to help assist with a dissection and identify anatomy. I would bring the squid and be willing to let anyone who would also like to dissect a squid, have an opportunity to do so. I just need to know if I should bring the squid. We will be driving so we can keep them cold enough.

Jana

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back