It's Official: TONMOCON III in Monterey Bay

That would be great. We have 23 frozen squid in the freezer. We got them at Safeway a while ago. Garrett will be so surprised. He has no idea we are coming.

Jana, your son should know (as should everyone) that Steve has submitted his regrets and won't be able to make it, unfortunately. I hope this doesn't damper his trip too much! Kat has worked with Steve for years so I'm sure she can tell your son what he's missing :wink:

Since our Saturday agenda is full, I'd like to suggest we do this on Friday night? We have the banquet room reserved on Friday night from 5-10pm. We can also live broadcast the dissection. Sound like a plan?

That is too bad, but it will be nice to meet everyone else. I will make sure and bring the squid we have frozen. This will be a lot of fun.
Jana

A few thoughts on squid dissection:

1) do we need tools? Where can we get them?
2) how can we make sure to clean up well? Maybe it's worth considering an outdoor picnic bench area instead, if it's messy?
3) can we get someone (Lou Zeiberg?) to bring a Dosidicus to dissect as well?

dissection tools

Garrett and I usually use aluminum pie tins. We can get them really cheap at the Dollar Tree in Oregon. We have no sales tax. I was going to bring some scissors and tooth picks, which is also what we usually use. That was what I was told to use be our local experts. I have plenty of scissors to bring.

I'm trying to come up with something new for my presentation, but truth be told, you're all getting the same darn show from the last two, unless Tom Ardens can come up with something new. I've been obsessed with getting my novel published, and that has eaten up all my time. Sorry.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back