It's Official: TONMOCON III in Monterey Bay

we welcome kids, and we've had 13 year olds get a lot out of the talks. Some of the material is likely to be advanced, but most will be accessible to the general public. Younger kids might have trouble sitting through the talks, but if you're happy reading the stuff on TONMO, you should enjoy the convention. I don't know if I'd recommend it for younger kids than teenagers: certainly, I'd want them to be accompanied by a parent who would be prepared to take them somewhere else if they got bored.

Some of the after-hours socializing goes on in bars where kids may not be allowed, but that's certainly "unofficial," and usually the pattern seems to be to have (informal, everyone pays their own way) dinner and some socializing in places where kids aren't forbidden first.

Due to logistics, the MBARI tour unfortunately won't be able to happen. Still lining up potential speakers from MBARI to join our talks; stay tuned.

GPO87;132646 said:
Hey Tony, will there in Tonmo merchandise available at Tonmocon? I'm sure me and blue_ringed57 would like to come home with souvenirs or something! (To display how ultimately geeky we are to our friends ... if they don't already know)
Not sure -- looking into that!

tonmo;132778 said:
Due to logistics, the MBARI tour unfortunately won't be able to happen. Still lining up potential speakers from MBARI to join our talks; stay tuned.

Any chance of an unofficial but special tour? We are trying to figure out how long we will stay so if something unofficial was available on Monday it would help to know and plan for it.

Well, that's what I was going for -- a special tour. Unfortunately, at least through the channel I had, there is no availability for this.

Architeuthoceras;132861 said:
Looks like we all get to tickle D. I can't wait :heee:

YEAH!!!

I'll tolerate* it somehow as long as you bring some cool fossils and collection stories!

Just call me, Elmo :roll:

*I am not very tickelish :mrgreen:

:sagrin:

Attachments

• conv_293900.gif
    conv_293900.gif
    40.2 KB · Views: 104
When I saw the email I had to look to see what you posted. I was not sure if you were a defininte NO because you two were going to be in Australia or what :mrgreen:

Did you submit your video?

I did! Figured I would hold off on sending out the link until the voting starts (2 March), but if you're really desperate to check it out, you can probably find me - there aren't that many applicants from NZ (well, not compared to the US or Canada anyway :roll:).

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back