Conanny - O.briareus Formerly Conan The Destroyer

joefish's briareus babies

ok so i thought id start this thread and try to be a little more organized than i have been with these eggs. im gonna start placing all the updates here. so its 4/3/08 and the eggs STILL HAVENT HATCHED... they are about to explode out the eggs. the yolks in about 90% of the eggs are completely gone. theres about 6 babies that i can see that for some reason havent flipped yet despite the fact that the yolk is completely gone. conanny is on here last leg of life i think. the corkscrew look has appeared and the breathing is more labored. she also doesnt really change color anymore. the babies on the other hand are constantly changing from red to brown to clear and spinning in circles in the eggs. hopefully they will hatch before the mother dies that way i dont have to take over for her.

ive got so many pods, mysids, and juvenile peppermint shrimp in the tank now that at night it looks like the rocks are moving. if you shine a light across the top of the sand theres a cloud of mysids.

the pics are going to continue untill they hatch and then lots after.

Do you have the small pods and shrimp in the tank with them or in a holding tank? She may be eating what comes by since Trapper would only eat Cyclop-eeze shortly (before or ?)after the babies hatched.

well its about 800 in the morning on the 4th and STILL NOT HATCHING... conanny has stopped caressing them though and is now simply blowing on them a little. im hoping its due to the fact that they are so close to hatching and not that she is dying. if by chance she does die though it means im going to have to remove the egg infested rock from the hiding spot and bring it into the open to allow it to get proper water flow. then im going to have to find a way to keep the couple rock crabs ive got left in the tank (been outwitted by them many times now when trying to catch them) away from the eggs. right now when they even come within a foot of the den she swats them away,

well ive put that theory to the test several times and left for the day to go do something else. its funny when i first get behind the tank all the babies are facing away from me but when they see the flashlight they all spin around in the eggs so they can see me.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back