Conanny - O.briareus Formerly Conan The Destroyer

today is 4/7/08 and well yall remember the babies that were slightly stupid and never flipped in the eggs? from what i can tell all those babies have hatched. all thats left of the spots where they were in the clusters are a few strands with the tip of the egg still attached. my theory is that instead of popping out a hole in the bottom of the egg and leaving the egg behind they have instead popped off the top of the egg leaving a little cap on the string and drifted off with the egg. hopefully they made it out of the eggs. the rest of the babies are still just hanging out having a grand old time NOT HATCHING...:evil:

on another note though... conanny has begun to feed again which is a good sign and alot of her color and life has returned. for the first time ive ever witnessed it the curly cued arms have straighted back out dramatically.

sounds like good news... and I'm glad you appear to be at the end of the "hurry up and wait" period....

ok heres some pics from today 4.7.08

Attachments

• conv_292570.jpg
    conv_292570.jpg
    699.9 KB · Views: 75
  • conv_292571.jpg
    conv_292571.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 72
I FOUND A BABY!!!

i guess the babies i was talking about that i thought hatched did survive. i went down to look at the tank a few minutes ago and theres one crawling along the middle of the glass at the front of the tank. so i frantically (bad idea) grab the turkey baster and try to suck him off the glass. after a few unsuccessful tries he finally got sucked in. so i quickly try to gently squirt it into the breeder net. look in and its not there. hmmm, take the baster apart... not there either. first instinct is to look on the floor (paronoid im standing on it) but luckly not there either. after 3 minutes of frantic looking in the breeder net, yes it took that long to make sure he wasnt in there, i looked down at the bottom of the tank and sitting in a cave entrance is the little fella. i guess he knew hed been spotted so he immediatly puffs out this tiny little ball of ink and slips under the rock. oh well. now that ive got that excitement out i guess i wont be frantic next time.:banghead:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I have not been able to have my own as of yet but have been constantly following your thread. Great Job!!!

well even though i managed to give one octopus a higher education... i for some reason decided to check the screen in the overflow and what do you know... another one hiding there. so i saved one and into the breeder net it goes. makes me wonder though how many have already hatched without me knowing and how many have ventured into the overflow. but its all covered up now so no worries and the wee one is now my captive. i think im gonna name this one scar because its got some slight scar marks from getting pinned to the screen in the overflow. i have a feeling im gonna need a paint pen to label who's in which breeder net...

this makes :baby::baby: that i can account for from the 10 or so eggs that i can notice missing.

Attachments

• conv_292572.jpg
    conv_292572.jpg
    615.8 KB · Views: 69
  • conv_292573.jpg
    conv_292573.jpg
    797.7 KB · Views: 68
well i havent seen but 1 more for the last while so i think the rest should start hatching later tonight or tomorrow. if i count right there are about 6-8 strings without eggs attached and all the rest of the eggs are still occupied. im guessing there are a couple still crusing the tank filling up on pods. meanwhile all three captives have found themselves nice shells for their new homes. one of them is already in the hunt position and strikes at pods that pass within range. the second one, scar, has taken up residence with a pod about 3 times the size of himself, and the third which is the smallest is just sitting on top of its shell all curled up in a ball.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back