Conanny - O.briareus Formerly Conan The Destroyer

Reaction score
well ive got one comin in from FL in the morning. just spent a few hours reapplying the octoproofing to the tank. since ive moved back to the coast its now filled with lots of crabs, shrimp and blennies... just hope they all get along... theres also about 100 peppermint shrimp in there that ive been catching here off the beaches... so plenty of food for my new friend...

Nancy

Staff member
Reaction score
Good news! I know you'll have many good pics for us!

Can you tell us where you bought it?

Thanks,

Nancy

Reaction score
not yet should be here in the morning dont worry ill get pics during acclimation since ive learned thats one of the best times for a positive id cause they usually use every color and skin variation they know of while showing off and trying to hide in the bucket so ill post some tommorow

Reaction score
well hes here and acclimating... since my tanks outside ive put hand warmers beside the bag to keep the water in the bucket warm then ill do a float acclimate after its done dripping to fix temp. mantle is about the size of a golf ball and it definitely is a briareus i think. anyway...

Attachments

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Yup, sure looks like a briareus... it's got the classic color and webbing... :welcome: :octopus: and hope the acclimation goes well.

Reaction score
yep went great...

was floating the bag in the tank after dripping it to equalize temp and i look over and its crawling out the top of the bag into the tank. then it immediatly starts stalking my watchman gobies until it saw the 3 inch blue crab that rode in the bag next to it all the way from marathon FL. i guess the blue crab was taunting the octo all the way here cause the octo immediatly decide to eat him before even finding a new home. oh well what ever makes it happy i guess.

Attachments

Reaction score
Awesome.

I have one on the way as well, thanks to your tip! Supposedly the one I'm getting has a "dime-sized" mantle. Gonna have to remove some stuff from my tank now but oh well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumit

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan