Penelope - O.Vulgaris

I saw the Ocellus!! she came over to the glass showed it to me, then I leaped to grab a camera which startled her and she changed her camo and now I don't see it again. But for about 15 seconds I saw it clear as could be. She was hanging on glass right buy displaying an almost yellow color that I have not really seen her do so I was looking close and right there staring at me was her ocellus. at first I though it was an arm curled in that spot but then i realized what it was. Now she is back to her standard skunk, with horns.

Seems so strange to me that the eye spots are not visible within 24 hours since the ones I have had displayed them quickly. Roy got a group earlier this year/late last year (same time I got Maya) and they too did not see the ocellus for quite some time. They had expected the the group to be O. maya but turned out O. hummelincki but his were from Haiti. This will be the second aggressive one that has been noted but I will tell you that, for what ever reason, my hummelincki preferred females. I suspect it has something to do with size, clothing or some other visual (unless there are chemical clues with our hands in the water) but it was very obvious with Octane and Neal was the one that fed him during the week.

Do you have a brave female in the neighborhood? :sagrin:

Its also strange how she displayed it and now its gone again. I have been watching her so hard today that I think I upset her and she withdrew to her den,

Do you have a brave female in the neighborhood?

No....."Octopuses are Icky" and "Hell, no! your crazy!"

I have had other males try all with the same result.

So this is the octo you originally thought was a hummelincki. She looks beautiful! Don't give up on her yet, maybe she needs some more stimulation? Are you putting in new toys for her once in a while?

She sees all of them I email her the youtube links.

I just picked up four small bluecrabs (~3"). I dropped them in the tank and with in seconds Penelope had two of them. I got the crabs from the bait store i get my shrimp. they are $2 each.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back