Kraken inspired spiced rum

Arghh mateys, it's in my hands! Can't drink right now, maybe in 2 hours - any suggestions on if I should mix it with anything? I have the proper vessel, I made a glass in my blowing glass class - will of course document the event in photos...

First I would sip a bit straight up. Gotta know how it tastes without mixers first, then, depending on the flavors that you taste in the rum, decide what to mix with it. Some people always like coke, which I think destroys anything it comes in contact with. I'd be inclined toward something citrus, maybe, again depending on what flavors you can taste in the rum...it says spiced, so probably not coconut.

:roflmao:

My fave in prelegal drinking days was rum and Wink but I have never tried spiced rum (have tried coconut and pinapple :thumbsup: ). Maybe an apple soda if the spice is cinnamon/clove tasting.

I like Sorseress' idea but would put it in the freezer for the next two hours first.

Found an appropriate drinking buddy :biggrin2:, since my husband is working . Will take photos before drinking... I'll try it straight first (with ice), then may have to try it with apple cider - don't like Coca-cola in drinks. Oh, and I rarely drink - so I am an extreme lightweight, so this bottle may last awhile.

Strong stuff, but good.

Attachments

• conv_295004.jpg
    conv_295004.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 81
  • conv_295005.jpg
    conv_295005.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
  • conv_295006.jpg
    conv_295006.jpg
    996.3 KB · Views: 93
  • conv_295007.jpg
    conv_295007.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
Because of the shape of the bottle, it goes "glug, glug, glug, glug, glug when you pour it. Am currently drinking it with crushed ice and apple cider - it is very smooth.

My drinking partner didn't fare so well, I'm sending him off to bed.

Attachments

• conv_295008.jpg
    conv_295008.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 105
  • conv_295009.jpg
    conv_295009.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 86
The ad said it was extemely smooth but you never know. You have set a wonderful precedence as we bring back bottles to our respective dens.

Is the spice a clove/cinnamon taste or something else? (the black color is supposed to be squid ink)

sorseress;145877 said:
oh, cool glass, by the way.
Thanks, it was supposed to be the size of a tumbler - but I'm still learning.

dwhatley;145881 said:
Is the spice a clove/cinnamon taste or something else? (the black color is supposed to be squid ink)

I didn't really notice any spice taste - it says that caramel and spice were added - probably noticed the caramel taste - it looks like cola.

Think I might try hot buttered rum tomorrow night - had enough for tonight - although doing a sink-load of dishes was a little more pleasant tonight:biggrin2:.

I'm envious!

Since our local liquor stores seem to have little interest in carrying this brand, guess I'll have it shipped from California.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back