Kraken inspired spiced rum

love the drinking partner and great pictures! With such limited distribution in the states, I'd hate too see how hard it'll be to find it in Canada...but I will definitely start searching!!!!! mmmm...rum......:smile:

Oh, by the way, whose birthday is it? My birthday feast turned out great. Mex food to die for....hopefully not literally...the cholesteol levels were off the charts!

Nathan's - we are having my family over for brunch - homemade belgian waffles and cake - can't say the cholesterol levels will be any better over here. His birthday is Tuesday - hard to believe he is two, well not too hard since his favorite word is "no". I can't say that I will drink and decorate again, too hard to follow recipes for frosting... I made him a gumball machine cake since he is obsessed with his older sister's (now empty) gumball machine. His first words in the morning are "Sawah's gumballs". Will post cake pictures later.

Sharon, you didn't mention cake???

No cake this time. If there had been, keeping it in the Mex mode, it would have been tres leches cake. That, by the way is a truly yummy cake! I always used to do fancy cakes for the kids. Remember the pictures of Erich and his nautilus cake when he was 5 or 6?

We still have not been able to taste The Kraken, but I just got a poster and book from the company. The little book is really neat. I haven't taken the poster out of the mailing tube yet, since I can never get them back in without making wrinkles in them.

By the way, there are 3 recipes for mixed Kraken drinks in the book.

I will try again but all I could get was "coming soon" when I tried to order the book

Edit: Success this time and the whole book appears to be on-line now as well.

My friend was visiting from New York City and she bought the last two bottles of Kraken from my local Wine and Spirits store - looks like it might be popular for the holidays. Luckily I still have over half a bottle left, should get me through the end of the year...

We can get some from some of the state-run liquor stores here in VA, and so I gave a bottle to my brother for his 21st birthday, but in such a way that form dictated he share.

I can say that I think the Kraken is good in eggnog. KrakenNog.

-Jon

It will be interesting to keep this thread alive as it becomes available in different states. Who would have thought that Rum adventures could be on topic for our forum? ... Then again ...:sagrin:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back