Colossal Squid
Staff member
OMG! I going to try and find it!

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
CaptFish;145166 said:
OMG! I going to try and find it!
Let me know if you do and I will send my sister(Tampa - it mentions Caribbean so you guys should see it first) out for a bottle and demand it at Xmas :gigas:

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
So has anyone actually tried it? I notice that I can buy a bottle at a number of places (liquor stores) here in Dallas.
Funny that I never came across such a magnificant bottle before!

Nancy

sorseress

Colossal Squid
Supporter
I'm not much of a rum drinker, but who could resist that? Gotta get it!

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
I love rum!

I'll drink too much and report back :sagrin:

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
CaptFish;145187 said:
I'll drink too much and report back :sagrin:
:wink:
More years ago than you have been around, I favored Rum and Wink but no one else drank rum so my dates would have to buy me my own little pint. I would keep the remaining dregs in a little case. When I married and moved out of my folks house, the little case produced a full quart for our bar.:razz:

cuttlegirl

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Registered
Tried to buy a bottle today, I couldn't find it on the shelf and didn't have time to ask at the counter. Will have to return when I have more time...

sorseress

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Update! I just got an email from the marketing director of the company that makes The Kraken, and currently it is only available in the following states:Ca, Pa, Va, Mi and Oh. It will begin to be available in other states after January 2010. So those of you who live in those states just have to buy some of it and drink a toast to all of us who don't yet have access to it.

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
I put in my request for Xmas to my sister (who lives in FL) and today she replied with the following:

D,

You may have to wait on this until early 2010. I couldn't get the store location site to ever come up so I finally sent an email. They are only selling Kraken in a few states for now. ie: CA,VA, PA, MI & OH. Other states are to offer in January 2010 but I have a name and email address for someone at Proximo who I can contact and in January and see where Kraken is being sold.

You may end up with a belated Xmas and birthday gift!!
oops! I missed your similar post Sharon. :oops:

sorseress

Colossal Squid
Supporter
I gave Marissa at Proximo info about
Tonmo and she asked me to post here. She came on and joined, but could'n't figure out how to post! Is it that tough for newbies?

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
I think it depends upon how many forums you have accessed in the past. Initially, I would say it is quite daunting and is why I try to give links and link positions to new people trying to find things. I sent Neal the advertisement and he found that they have a website dedicated to the new rum:

http://www.krakenrum.com/

The book they show is supposed to become available for free and will be a must have in the bar if it does.:sagrin:

monty

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Supporter
CapnFish beat you to it, D-- scroll up a bit...

I ordered the book a week or so ago, but haven't seen it yet...

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
Humm, don't know how I miss that. How did you order the book? All I get is "Coming Soon" on the website.

Members online

No members online now.