Eric's market adventure(s)

Thats from a regularly circulating TV ad about sponsering underpriviledged children of poverty in 3rd world countries, but a cup of coffee is about a 1$. But with all the choices available nowadays on how to consume caffiene at local coffee shops, my Medium Iced Soy Vanilla Latte costs around 3 dollars!

chrono_war01;78054 said:
how much does a cup of coffee costs anyway?

$0.89 with refills at a diner; If you go to Starbucks and ask "what's the most expensive drink" a Venti White Mocha is $4.50, but with add-ons they came up with a "Venti Soy 4-shot Mint White Mocha" was $6.10, but you can keep adding extra shots and flavors (flavors were $0.30 each, I think shots are around $1). Of course, those prices go up if you're in a "captive audience" place like a conference center or airport...

edit: Paradox beat me to it, but apparently his yuppy coffee shop is a bit cheaper than my local Starbucks. Of course, I think at the non-chain coffee place I go to it'd be closer to $3 as well.

Then yes, a 3$ cup of coffee will probably save a octo or cuttle, provided that it's mid season for octo catching and there's enough that poeple don't find it weird that there's a octo crawling in the middle of the market.

However, 5 is probably a more conservative answer.

...We have the a cup of coffee will save a kid ad too, not to mention 2 trays of dim-sum will also save a kid.

chrono_war01;78061 said:
Then yes, a 3$ cup of coffee will probably save a octo or cuttle, provided that it's mid season for octo catching and there's enough that poeple don't find it weird that there's a octo crawling in the middle of the market.

However, 5 is probably a more conservative answer.

...We have the a cup of coffee will save a kid ad too, not to mention 2 trays of dim-sum will also save a kid.

Can I give the kid or the cuttle the chicken feet and tripe as my two dishes, and still eat all of the other dim sum (except the sharkfin soup, which is evil, evil, evil)?

erm, if you want, although chicken feet and tripe are probably the few dishs that doesn't have enough fat to make a piece of bacon look like a salad... and they don't serve sharkfin soup for lunch/breakfast! That's for dinner!

Before this thread gets even deeper into Chicken feet-cuttle-coffee economics I have a question...

How often do you got to the market?

Joey

Much apologies to Cuttlegirl and everyone for not responding. Sorry, but I've been busy lately and completely forgot to upload the pictures.
Rest assured, the pictures are somewhere, but just not here at the moment.

Released a small shark and some crabs and other doodads into the water. Costed me around 2 bucks for the shark. The other critters were free. Had a new fish stall try and make me buy a dead squid to "set free", didn't fall for it.

Hmmm.... was it of a dark red complexion, armed with hooked suckers and dito tentacle clubs, and of an overall size to dwarf a London doubledecker bus? :wink:

Next time I need to find wierd pictures of anatomy for sculptures, I'm going to hit you up Eric. I'll sponsor your program to boot, maybe we will even get lucky and get to set free the animal I am sculpting.:biggrin2:

I just wanted to say that I love your attitude. I am an Environmental Educator by training and trade (www.oceanology.org) here in the US and one of my frustrations is how hard it is to develop and foster critical thinking skills. You seem to have both the love (read: burning interest) in marine organisms/systems, and acceptance of cultural momentum that is such a hard balancing act.

I would 2nd Dr O'Shea's suggestion to parlay your interest and knowledge level into a small scale aquarium buisiness. I'd imagine that there are sometimes rarer/more.interesting species for sale at the market. If they would not sell as pets there, they will someowhere. Japan, here in the US. Someone might be interested in them.

Even if not, just gaining the experience would be valuable. The Native Fish Conservancy (www.nativefish.org) here has a program where they provide the material and generalized maintainance and support for local schools and libraries, etc to keep small aquariums with local species. Connecting students with their world and all that. Maybe something small and all of that.

Basically I just wanted to say that you seem to have open eyes, and that is good to see.

slainte
.conal.

I may be going to the market soon, stand by for more as the Weekend approachs.

Below are photos from a while back. The shark is the one which I have released by using the money which a sponser has given me. The stingray/skate was damaged beyond hope, so I just took a picture and hoped that it ends up on a dinner table instead of in the trash by the end of the day.

Attachments

• conv_290461.jpg
    conv_290461.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 84
  • conv_290462.jpg
    conv_290462.jpg
    454.4 KB · Views: 70

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back