[Octopus]: Briarus hotel

image.jpg

Houdini hasn't come out to eat for the past few days so I went on a food run again. Bought her 50 small hermit crabs, a peppermint shrimp, yellow tiled starfish, and 2 tiny female fiddlers. One died on the way home, so I'm hoping she'll have another go at a fiddler. I put it right in front of her den. (pictures an Octopus commercial ad for fiddler delivery right to the door. 30 min or less! :lol:) The yellow tiled starfish is in the other Octoless tank. :frown:

I'm gonna order some shore shrimp this week from Sachs and hope she starts to take to the live foods. She hasn't touched the tuna, salmon, clams, silver sides, or shrimp on a skewer for the past 5-6 days. (Starting to worry me)

Hope siete comes out and starts eating soon.

They can live a couple of weeks on pods alone but it is not healthy. Are you putting anything in the tank for her to find on her own? I would recommend getting a fiddler crab and watching to see if it gets eaten. It is not unusual not to see them at this stage (your initial experience was the exception) but you do want to be sure there is food in the tank and monitor that it gets eaten.

Ive been leaving scewer in tank with either silversides or shrimp in tank but no action ill get some small hermits and fiddlers tonight any some small shrimp if my guy has some thanks d

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back