[Octopus]: Briarus hotel

I had that happen with Tatanka relatively frequently but my overflow box in that tank is shallow and I have a screen on the bulkheads . The one in the link is threaded for an internally threaded bulkhead but there is also a slip screen if yours are smooth. In another tank (currently with Shiitake), I keep a light over the overflow box because there is only one bulkhead and any type of restrictor will cause a tank overflow. If she has found this nice dark place once, she will find it again ...

I'm going to pick up a large sponge tomorrow to see if that will work if not I'm gunna try a method like you just mentioned I just cand believe she didn't go down the pipe it was literally only a half inch away lol she found the piece of live rock now and when I went to search to make sure she was in there her tentacles came out every hole in Crevis Waylen around

image.jpg

I'm worried about siete she won't hide even with the lights on and she lost another tentacle somewhere along the line now I haven't seen her all day today I really hope she makes it I just don't know wat to do except leave lights off with plenty of food to choose from any ideas?

Not hiding is definitely something I would be concerned about. The arm loss combined with the odd behavior suggest stress (they can throw an arm or will sometime eat them when stressed). Make sure there is nothing she can trap her arm in (like a powerhead intake). If it is stress causing her odd behavior and arm loss, leaving the lights off for a couple of days is probably all you can do at this point and hope she stops stressing.

Houdini gave me a scare, she discovered how to get inside the cup that held the fiddlercrab and couldnt figure out how to get back out? She killed it and didn't eat it. But I think she was so stressed out. She had labored breathing, and when I picked up the cup she just rolled over like she was dead. My heart immediatly went to my throat, and I held my breath until I looked closer and seen she was actually breathing. I put her back into the pet carrier and kept the lights off for 3-4 days, and she was back to normal.

I was worried she might be too small for fiddlers, but it was about the same size as her mantle. Not giving her fiddlers untill she gets to the size that Wink was when she passed. Fresh Salmon, Tuna, Shrimp, silversides, and now clams.(Found some small frozen clams and trying one tonight) I put it on a skewer about half way up and play with the water and make sounds and just wait till I see arms.

I like the threaded bulkheads, but still put some sort of mesh bag or sponge over it untill they get bigger. They are so tiny still, scares the crap out of me thinking what areas they could get into.

I still can't find siete yet but there's no body's floating or bad rotten octo smell so I may b in the clear but still worries me
On another note I've started my custom stand for briarus hotel tonight should have the entire base done tomorrow and stained it's twelve feet long and twenty inches wide and thirty two inches tall with water it weighs in at around 4000 pounds lol I'm making a very serious support beam under my house haha I'll get some pics up soon

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back