Well...it had to be on the web...

That is almost too good to be true. Rationality from religious extremists is a welcome change.

A local televangelist has stated that global warming is a satanic plot to shake the faith of christians. Ditto ozone depletion (this sermon came complete with charts and an
"explanation" of the way ozone stops UV that has to be seen to be believed).

Of course he also once said Jesus was an alien, and judging by the bloodshot eyes and occasionally slurred voice Bro Dumas don't mind a shot or two before he goes on the air.

""We're going to arm you with Christian Patriot missiles," Ham, 54, recently told the 1,200 adults gathered at Calvary Temple here in northern New Jersey. It was a Friday night, the kickoff of a heavily advertised weekend conference sponsored by Ham's ministry, Answers in Genesis."

Wow. Just think, if they could get Christian Tomahawk Missiles, they could have MIRV's filled with scripture! Or "christianlets", or something. Baptists?

"Weapons Course: This course challenges the Christian Soldier to engage and eliminate his greatest enemies."

:shock: Good thing I restocked on ammuntion last month !

Just wait until they come a-knocking, Greg.

The scariest pictures there were a couple of kids, maybe 10 years old, learning how to fire handguns in the name of Christ.

There are fundamentalists everywhere; it really makes one worry about the future security of the world...(etc)

Phil said:
Just wait until they come a-knocking, Greg.

The scariest pictures there were a couple of kids, maybe 10 years old, learning how to fire handguns in the name of Christ.

There are fundamentalists everywhere; it really makes one worry about the future security of the world...(etc)

I believe the site is a parody. A poorly done parody, but a parody nonetheless. A lot of little flags jumped out, ie, their schedule starts with you arriving "alive" on Friday for the weekend course. Sounds to me like some jokesters put up their pictures of boy scout camp.

Dan

DHyslop said:
I believe the site is a parody. A poorly done parody, but a parody nonetheless. A lot of little flags jumped out, ie, their schedule starts with you arriving "alive" on Friday for the weekend course. Sounds to me like some jokesters put up their pictures of boy scout camp.

Dan

at this point, sometimes I wonder if large portions of what I see on the news could be parody, actually... frequently, it's a much more comforting thought than the alternative.

That's it. I think this pretty much obliges us to start a C.O.M.B.A.T.4:cthulhu: camp. We'll have a way better non-euclidean climbing wall, of course, but that band looks pretty frickin' hard to beat (that guy on bass is dreamy).

Yeah, that guy on lead guitar ROCKS !!! Didn't they have the smash hit "Gonna bust a cap in Satan's face" ?

cthulhu77 said:
Yeah, that guy on lead guitar ROCKS !!! Didn't they have the smash hit "Gonna bust a cap in Satan's face" ?
Greg,

You're thinking of the defunct power trio Cheney and the Neoconettes.

I think (hope) that Combat4Christ is a gag. Most of the participants seem to favor sitting down and BBQ is of central importance, to judge from the photo gallery. Also: the photographer seems drawn to the fat folks.

On the other hand, Cleveland, TN is home to the Heart2Heart ministry, so perhaps they really are a group of offense-minded Christians who take their spelling cues from Prince songs.

I h8 u Satan,
Clem

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back