• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

WC bandensis eggs!

Tentatively, I'll take 4 or 5 (4 if my fiancee wins, 5 if I do), shipped on Wednesday for a Thursday AM delivery. I'll probably make the order on Monday--I live in a rural area outside most shippers' AM guarantee zone, so I need to make sure I have a place in town I can have them sent to.

Also, you have been using an inordinate number of smilies lately. I feel like I'm about to be inducted into some sort of a cult.

Dan

:smile: I finally got Baby A to eat a frozen mysid, so every cuttle got a frozen mysid this morning. Scrunchy will always accept two frozen mysids (as long as I don't offer live too...) Cuddly will only sometimes eat frozen. My goal is frozen food in the morning and live food at night. Right now, I feed them whenever I walk by the tank (3-4 times per day...) They're growing...

Here's the latest pictures of Cuddly and Scrunchy (Cuddly is the top photo). Baby A wouldn't let me take her picture...

Attachments

• conv_289209.jpg
    conv_289209.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 63
  • conv_289210.jpg
    conv_289210.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 79
You haven't had any problems with the cuttles in such close proximity to federally-certified Biohazard material, have you? :o)

I do have more chaeto if anyone's interested. I'll be polite and take it to the marketplace, now that it has been resurrected.

Dan

Originally posted by DHyslop
You haven't had any problems with the cuttles in such close proximity to federally-certified Biohazard material, have you? :o)

:lol: No, it doesn't seem to have leaked any hazardous material since I had the HAZWOP team come and decontaminate my house. :biggrin2:

I've got 100 mysids and 50 small (~ 1/4") P. vulgaris arriving tomorrow but I'm having a little trouble with my feeder tanks.

Basically I have two 4-gallon plastic bins to hold my different shrimps. Until I can get some more equipment I'll be limited to one bin. If I mix both species will my shore shrimp eat all my mysids overnight, or will I be OK for a little while?

For that matter, what should I feed my shore shrimp? I've already got some Artemia eggs bubbling for the mysids. I understand P. vulgaris is also predatory, but perhaps a little more opportunistic if I were to put some frozen food in?

Dan

Well, I have been having a lot of trouble with mysid cannibalism... I am switching to P. vulgaris in hopes of having more luck feeding them. I am offering baby brine and liquid plankton, but they seem to like the taste of each other better... Just keep offering your new cuttles frozen mysids or shrimp every day, in hopes of having them not be totally dependent on live food... Good Luck!

I might keep them in the separate bins and just do beaucoup water changes to the bin that's not flow through. I'm looking for a little tiny powerhead, but its hard to find out which have ceramic shafts online :frown:

Dan

I am out of live mysids and my next order is due tomorrow, so the little guys HAVE to eat frozen. Here is what I discovered with my cuttles. If the mysids still have the eyes attached, the cuttles are much more likely to go after the frozen shrimp.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back