• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

WC bandensis eggs!

About 1/4 inch. Let's just say, I haven't even had the cuttles two weeks (12 days) and I have had to place two orders for mysids (one for 250 and another for 200...), and I will be placing another order tomorrow. I did order my second batch from aquaculturestore.com and I used priority shipping (instead of overnight). The little guys arrived in two days and were fine... I may place an order with shrimpstuff.com in hopes that if they ate bigger shrimp, they wouldn't have to eat so often...

I might set up a 5 or a 10 gallon tank to keep the mysids in the hope of keeping population density down (maybe 200 in there or so?). Do you think that would reduce cannibalism, with daily or twice daily artemia feedings?

There's an article at seahorses.org that has some good hints on catching them using a siphon. Like anything I won't have a realistic idea of how it'll work until I try it :smile:

Dan

One of the articles I've read suggests having an overflow between two tanks with a 1000 micron filter. The big ones will stay in the upstream tank and the little guys will find their way downstream. I might try something like that.

Had I been smart... I would have already had a population of mysids before I got the cuttles. It doesn't seem that difficult to culture them, especially if the babies eat newly hatched brine shrimp. But I wasn't that prepared for the hungry babies! I think in a couple of weeks I will have them weaned onto frozen shrimp but in the meantime I placed an order with shrimpstuff.com since they are 1/4 to 1/2 inch long. I am sure that Scrunchy would go after a bigger shrimp. I am hoping to release about half of them into the tank and put the others in more net breeders. My tank is getting crowded. I am going to have to upgrade soon...

OK, I'm almost ready to surrender. Righty, how many babies are there still available?

The website says shipping is $50 for corals. I assume that that's the same for cuttles?

Dan

DHyslop said:
OK, I'm almost ready to surrender. Righty, how many babies are there still available?

The website says shipping is $50 for corals. I assume that that's the same for cuttles?

Dan

I think I have 10 or 15 left for sale. Thats the shipping and boxing price - they decided not to do any math and just charge a flat fee. :biggrin2:

I'm going to order mysids and P. vulgaris from Sach's. They ship USPS so I won't have food on hand until mid- or late-week. As such I should probably defer the cuttle shipping for a couple days. Does Alameda drop ship directly through you or should I make note when I order?

Dan

Sach's takes two days to Pennsylvania, so it should be about the same for you... I ordered more mysids this past Thursday afternoon and received them today. I did pay extra for the ice pack since it was so hot lately. Only had a few deaths.

Dan,

They tell me what is needed and I bring the cuttles to them. Makes my life so much easier! :smile:
You tell them the day that you want them shipped and thats when they'll ship 'em. Tell me too - why not? Also, let me know how many you want so I can put them aside.

:smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back