TONMOCON IV: Who's In?

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Ok, we're close enough to take count. Note that this poll will show who selected what. Make your intentions known! TONMOCON IV event details here.

sedna

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Staff member
Even though I now risk winning the "Lamest Poster of TONMO in 2011," I'm in! Have my plane tix and everything. Now here comes the embarrassing confession; I've never flown anywhere by myself. I'm a little nervous, but super excited! I'm coming in Friday afternoon- anyone up for dinner Friday night?

esquid

Haliphron Atlanticus
Supporter
I plan on going, but can't fully commit until things get sorted out at the beginning of the fall semester

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Sedna I'm up for it! We'll get a group together - can't wait.

Sent via Tapatalk on Android

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
esquid;180735 said:
I plan on going, but can't fully commit until things get sorted out at the beginning of the fall semester
Cool esquid!!

Sent via Tapatalk on Android

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
Sedna,
We are toasting your dad on Friday night for sure! Sorry the girls and John are not coming too but I am so glad you are going to make it even though the plans did not work out like we had hoped.

When it gets a little closer, we might want to post flight/airport arrival times but I have to dig up our tickets as Neal made the reservations and hopefully they are sitting on his computers (somewhere). I've got the credit card statement so I will be able to find them one way or another :roll:

esquid! Long time no post! I saw on FB that you have a couple of octos and I wish you would let us in on what you are doing with them.

sedna

Staff member
D,

I do NOT feel bad that John and the girls are staying home!! Love them as I do, it will be more fun for me to not worry if they are having fun. This is going to be a sanity reviving trip- no hormonal drama- just the cephy kind! I am sad that Dad isn't here to come, but as you say, we'll drink a toast to him! I agree that trading flight and arrival times is a great idea. I'm confident that I can take the subway from Ronald Reagan to the hotel, but I'll happily wait at the airport if it means having company navigating public transport!

neurobadger

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
If anyone's taking the Metro back to where they're staying on Saturday night, I suggest we tag along in a group to the Metro station and stick together because even though it's relatively safe it's a smart thing to do. Safety in numbers.

ieatfalalfel

Wonderpus
Registered
Hello everybody, I noticed that all the people ive heard are going have hundreds and hundreds of posts, i do not, but still love the cephalopods, would yall mind if I attended?

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
would yall mind if I attended?
Of course your welcome! Its open to everyone!

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Yay!

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
That's great! And thanks for becoming a Supporter, by the way!!

Getting a bit of a stream of registrations, getting encouraged!

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
ieatfalalfel,
We are a wonderfully mixed group, many don't keep tanks (TONMO being one of those) and some only look at aged dead animal :wink:. We are hoping for a nice contingency from the local reef club and most of those aquarists will need my opening definition of an octopus :wink: (now to get that spider picture from Kat).

sedna

Staff member
OB, I'm bringing my iPod- hoping to get a peek at yours!

ieatfalafel, it's a good thing # of posts doesn't count towards attendance, I'm way down this year!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branane

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards