• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

S Bandensis

Ahhh, it has just clicked! are they still in the hatching net? - i suppose they would all have dissapeared if not! - what is the main tank the net is sitting in like? is it big? lr? reef? fish?

Oscar, always nice to read your replies.

They are in a 75 gallon LR only tank with a mahoosive skimmer.

The are in a breeding net, although i do have one alive and well in the main tank.

All feeding now so happy! :smile:

From advice, if they are kept together and fed well, canabalism should be rare.

Keep your fingers crossed guys.

PS: the way they walk is soo cute! :lol:

haha sounds good - And i am glad to hear you have a "mahoosive skimmer" lol

How big do you reckon they should be before you "rtelease" them into the tank? - the problem will be finding them no doubt...

From the top view they look very much like the critters I have! Nice!

I haven't seen aggressive behavior till around the three month mark - but I only kept 5 to a net breeder.

NICE!

Well, I witnessed my first hatch about haf an hour a go.

Thought it would a bit of heaving and pushing, but it took about 2 seconds! Butt end first, like slicing through jelly!

Then an onslaught of births! 6 in the space of 3 minutes!

Now 11 babies all eating like pigs!

Some pics (rather bad after balancing on a stool to get them :lol:) excuse the blue light.

1374DSCF0329_Medium_.JPG

1374DSCF0330_Medium_.JPG

16 now and counting - all other eggs look viable too.

Oh dear - they're eating the mysis (who are eating themselves) out of house and home :lol:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back