• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

S Bandensis

I mean thoughts on species... How old do they have to be to get an accurate ID?

It looked just like Righty's though, soo god dam cute!

oh right - i thought u "knew" (or close to it that they were bandensis!) - size and shape of the eggs would be ur best bet at this stage i would say...not that i could id it from the egg

Sounds like mine, but it is impossible to tell without cutting up the body and looking at the club and cuttlebone. Of course, as they get older we get some great clues!

I strongly suspect that you are getting the same eggs I am getting because I doubt there is more than one exporter exporting them!

Don't open up any more! :biggrin2:

oh, you actually opened an egg? - and it survived? maybe they are close to hatching...but why open them up?? i suppose the excitement would make me do the same though...lol

can't you tell from the egg pictures righty? - or are they still too similar...

They are very close Oscar, and my importer has had some hatch too, but he maintains that sometimes they break the egg wall and stay in there hiding!! Funny things, and cute to boot!

Quick one for righty - how long did it take your guys to recognise mysis as a food source, and did they only really hunt at night?

Not righty, but newly hatched officinalis will take mysis with a day of hatching...

How many have you got hatched out Mike?

Didn't wait until tomorrow!

DSCF0299 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0300 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0298 (Medium).JPG

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back