• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

S Bandensis

Those baby sexy's are amazing little characters Lisa! Between us we'll have the whole sea sorted!

They still aint eating to my knowledge guys :sad: at least not during the day. I know they are nocturnal (aren't they...) so maybe they are taking food at night.

Had my first inking yesterday - thick it was, syphoned right out. Now if it only stayed like that! :lol:

Will keep you all posted.

From what my eyes could make out last night, 2 hatchlings ate. After having spoke to my supplier, his (who kept some eggs more developed than mine) took 7 days to eat. That would give me until saturday for the first one. Less worried again now!

I know one did for sure, as he had those crooked arms they get when they're eating, also it did that classic, huff and puff when it had finished and half a shrimp flew out.

I'm hoping that they will all take it's lead now. So fingers crossed.

Yup, saw them strike last night, and the majority of them ate. Was happy to see. I think with them being largely nocturnal, thats when they pefer to eat in my tank.

As long as they eat at night, not to fussed about them just laying about during the day!

The majority of the mysis had remained from the night before (flood fed), when only one cuttle fed. I followed the lead of my supplier, and chucked some cyclopeeze in with them last night - he only used it to feed the Brine he was using, but it seemed to act like an attractant to the cuttles, initiating a feed response.

I dont know whether it was coincidence, but feeding ramped up as soon as the lights went out.

Just a quick shot from 5 minutes ago:

What do you call a gathering of cuttles? A swarm? A Gaggle :lol:

1374S20PRO_055_Medium_.jpg

Colin said:
we decided a while back to call them a 'cuddle' LOL

just to make it difficult to say i suppose! lol

When do you have to start worrying about fighting colin? or should these guys be fine?

Wow, those pictures are so great mikey! keep them coming - it makes up a very small part for me not having my own cuddle of cuttles lol

:lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back