Pardon Our Dust

testing with the attach/photo button (large jpg). Confirmed this does not work with the paperclip icon... but it does work with the camera.

Haggs, can you email your photo to me at email (at) tonmo.com?

Tony, Haggs issue and the one I reported above appear to be related. My guess is that there is a flag set on a post when a failure occurs and NO photos can be uploaded by the user in that thread (it does appear to be thread specific). Try logging on as me and posting a picture to the referenced thread (#66). Using the camera icon, it will upload and show before clicking save but then the infamous, not authorized, message appears and the photo is not included in the post.

Also look at the older thread referenced in the the same post. None of the pictures are displaying and clicking on them gives a blank screen.

trying a failed photo from another thread here. OK, all photos seem to be failing now. They are uploading and can be seen in the pre-saved post but the not authorized message prevents them from showing on the post.

trying a failed photo from another thread here. OK, all photos seem to be failing now. They are uploading and can be seen in the pre-saved post but the not authorized message prevents them from showing on the post.

Testing using Chrome and the editor style post with a small photo. I get a denial but the post seems to complete and show a linked attachment but not the picture. Deleting the picture while still in denied mode denies again but duplicates the post (see below). The auto restore still thinks the post never completed.

Testing using Chrome and the editor style post with a small photo and still get an authorization denial.

Edited this entry and added picture with the editor (photo icon not available with edit) using Chrome (IE does not properly acknowledge the upload button) and successfully added this picture after your "comments" fix.

another test.

Attachments

• conv_339158.jpg
    conv_339158.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 99
tonmo said:
another test.
There is at least one bug associated with turning the "comments" feature off. I turned it back on (and this is a comment, not a reply). Believe it fixed the photo attachment issue, as I can't recreate the "you are not authorized" issue anymore.

8/18 photo test results (see tests above):

Successful upload, post and display of .jpg image with either the camera icon or the editor and picture icon using Chrome
Successful upload, post and display of .jpg image with camera icon (only, editor popup fails) using IE

Editing a post does not display the camera icon so photos cannot be added under a post edit with IE and only using the editor method in Chrome.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back