Pardon Our Dust

Over the past 2 days a number of configuration changes have been made. This week I'm exploring a server upgrade. I think we're making progress... I also just changed photo thumbnail defaults.

Photos still seem to be the same, too small size but I seem to be able to post now (2 for 2 but will try my copies of the other failed posts shortly)

I seem to be able to post most things now but keep getting an error message (CONVERSATION: Error loading post ) after the post completes (includes updates but only seems to happen on IE, testing with Chrome does not display the error and the automatic refresh slides to the new post). The screen does not refresh with the new post but a manual refresh shows success. I have also noticed that many (but not all) of the uploaded pictures are displaying as links and not pictures. I suspect size as the issue here as the smaller photos seem to display as images.

Ok everybody - the server, and site software, is officially upgraded! Let me know if any issues from this point forward... I expect we'll have them, but we are for certain better off than we were.

I very much miss the ability to have posts display with the most recent on top. In fact, I don't remeber how I originally turned this on. Can you please help?

Several further optimizations were introduced over the past couple of hours. Tentacles crossed... Nancy, once we get past basic functional issues, I'll work at restoring some of our favorite features... Think we are getting close!

tonmo said:
Ok everybody - the server, and site software, is officially upgraded! Let me know if any issues from this point forward... I expect we'll have them, but we are for certain better off than we were.
test comment

Major improvement with return after post. Not the speed I would expect from the new hardware but that may be my connection but no longer the excruciating delay by a long shot.

Thanks D! I agree heartily. More work to be done but at least right now, the site is usable and generally functional. First time in a long time! :thumbsup:

BTW, I have disabled "comments". Main reason, is that they don't show up as new or unread posts. One of our biggest issues right now (as staffers well know) is the lack of an "unread posts" view like we used to have. I want to figure that out first... then determine whether there's any kind of "unread comments" feature, because I wouldn't want any dedicated TONMOers to miss forum interaction... especially these days while we're getting back on our feet!

While your getting some of the basic functionality back, can you see about enabling emails for subscribed posts? This is very helpful when there is discussion on a particular thread even when new posts works.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back