• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus Availability

I notice that it divides into two parts - That Pet Place and That Fish Place - maybe you got the Pet people when you called. Also, I'm not sure they advertise their octos on their website.

Nancy

Nancy said:
I notice that it divides into two parts - That Pet Place and That Fish Place - maybe you got the Pet people when you called. Also, I'm not sure they advertise their octos on their website.

Nancy

Lol, thank god you said that cuz I never thought of it. I was in philadelphia yesturday and called the 411 hotline to reach "That Pet Place" in Pennsylvania...they give you a phone option to press so I contacted a worker at the store. The women I spoke with works with the animals and said they never had them and dont sell them...I cant understand why she couldnt at least direct me to the fish place, but since someone on here visited and saw one...AND Carol bought most of hers from that store, it makes sense that they have them for sure. Im really desperate to call them now cuz im hanging on strings:

The TampaBaySaltwater site is currently not getting any octo's as it seems. Trap season is over and Vulgaris is harder to get in the spring/summer...also, according to the voice mail when you call, only 1 guy is working as a one man show...im guessing everyone else is no longer a part of the team. My order has still been left hanging on that site.

AquaticVisions in northern Jersey hasent gotten any octo's in for the past few months and the manager told me they probably wont get them anymore. The "Hidden reef" store in Philadelphia has been closed down due to a fire which also sold octopus daily. The Co-Op seafood market which iv been in contact with is not having any luck either...octo's arent local and lately, weather hasent permitted them to fish out in the ocean...only in the channels.

I also visited ChinaTown going in Philadelphia a few days ago which has numerous fish market stores with live animals in tanks...even restaurants, but hardly any of them speak english so I have no clue if they get in octo's during the winter or if they even have them in stock. From what iv seen, most of them had live frog buckets, eels, scorpion fish, salmon and various other types of fish live. None of them had live octopus. On top of all that...almost all online cephalopod resource websites who used to sell them daily do not anymore because they have been out of stock mostly due to OctoPets being down. Lol, it's been a frustrating year so far cuz everything has let me down all the sudden.

People are finding octopuses but most recently have been ordered and shipped, with the exception of those available in the San Francisco Bay area.

Nancy

Well I called them again and a women told me they don't sell them, but she directed me to the fish place after I asked and they told me they dont have them in stock at the moment. They should be getting some in like 2 weeks or so...and they generally get them in every few weeks depending on how good their selling.

Has anyone purchased a Briarius from the guy on ebay yet? Interested to see how he was shipped and if this is a good source.

He has small octos for sale all the time.

I bought one from him.
Came packed "Ok" and very much alive and kicking.
My only complaint is that the bag he used was kinda small. But it was sealed. Not rubber banded but actually sealed.
He threw in some extra crabs to. Meatwad promtly at one of my snails but the crabs were happy.
Meatwad is going strong and the only defect to note is that he has 7 legs.
But Life in the big ocean is rough sometimes.
He came as advertised. Size was about spot on. Meatwad was about a Hair bigger then 1/2 inch but not much.
If I had my other tank up and going I would have bought the one he has now :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back