• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus Availability

Just talked to the owner of a large LFS in my area. He said he can get a o. Hummelinki for me on Friday. Going to go pick it up on Saturday. Hopefully his wholesale supplier identified it correctly.

This will indeed be interesting. Please start a journal on what ever you bring home and remember to take photos before you put it in the aquarium. I am going to bet abdopus complex from Phillipines or Indonesia just to be arbitrary - I really hope I am incorrect though.

The shop I work for in St. Louis can order them, I will say that after ordering the last one it had 5 tentacles, and the other 3 were growing back :frown:. But usually they are in MUCH better condition. But even with the tentacles missing, it had a great personality. we had it almost a month, and it ate every day, and played quite a bit. The pigment change was still rapid, and it seemed to actually like the 2 of us that fed it. We found someone with a history of ceph keeping to take it. As far as I know she still has it, and it is still rocking out!

We can also order cuttlefish eggs.

Very new on here have been lurking for months. I live down in islamorada florida and just got my 2 Carribean octopus. I remeber when i lived in philadelphia it was hard for me to find my first otco. But i made good friend down here with a guy that has a live rock business. They catch octos in key west all the time. I know there is a guy named tom down here so maybe if you are let me know and i will put you in touch with garry from the rock place i dont think they are capible of shipping these octos nation wide.

New here

Hello , so i'm new here so hello everyone

Well i'm hoping to be getting a bimac if possible ,
Now the problem is I live in France , so i'd like a source
for Europe . If it's not shipping Please something close to Grenoble
(south , close to Lyon). If there is another octo close to the
bimac's size please tell me.

thank you:roflmao:

hey at absolutely fish in clifton nj they have a wonderpus? and 1 or 2 other octs 4 sale just a heads up also i think i found a guy that works at a different pet store who says he can order octs 4 me

:sagrin:

We’re sorry but this Caribbean Octopus was sold on 9/17/2009 at 11:22 PM Central. Please click here to view other Diver’s Den® Inverts.

Unfortunately, she is not Octopus maya. Fortunately, being Caribbean and possessing an eye spot she is hummelincki and I will start her journal as soon as she has a name.

The wunderpus at Absolutely Fish is $250, the salesperson said it's been there for some time. They also have a pygmy for $59 or $69, I forget.

What other store said they could order octopuses in NJ?

PETS PLUS i think its called on rt 23 north in wayne there is a guy there who said if they are on the list when he orders he would get me one i forget his name he works part time

I found a place that collects and ships bimacs in California. There are a few restrictions. You have to be affiliated with an educational or research institution and you need to have a scientific collecting permit from California. While this will not help the home aquarist, this may help some students trying to find animals for their research.

http://montereyabalone.com/biomarine/company.htm

While I have not worked with this company directly, I worked with Trevor Fay's father (Rim Fay) when he owned Pacific Bio Marine in Southern California.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back