Ochi is here

BOE, before you order this sibling, you'd better have a plan for how you're going to feed it.

You may have to ship in fresh shrimp and crabs, and we have the names of good companies that will provide this type of live food.

Are you going to start with the clams and amphipods from Octopets?

Nancy

Im going to get the Octopet kit. It comes with 200 clams. I have a small 2.5 gallon that I could use, or a rubbermaid container. Ill probably get amphipods too. I just emailed the guy that runs this, about his prices.

:smile:

I also have lots of bluelegged crabs, some scarlets, and some emerald crabs.

Colin,
Thanks. :biggrin2:
I have kept it for about 11 months. I feed it everyday, when it is awake usually early evening, when I feed the rest of the corals in my reef, and Ochi too :wink: .

It actually gets fed the same mix I make for my corals - brine, zoo, coral dna, etc. he has trived and grown this way since day one. It is very amazing to watch him react and respond so much like a coral, yet be so completly different.

Good point Nancy, BOE I put my clams in my sump. They are beneficially to your system!

Thats ok, heaters and pumps shouldn't be a problem. I place mine on the top of the sponge and I actually have my skimmer facing the top of this sponge as it help to reduce bubbles. I have not had a problem with loss at all!

BOE - we chatted hoped that helped (pics on it's way). ask more if not! ready for the 8) ?

Nancy, I finally had time to ask Ochi for a boat photo shoot. He agreed but only for 1 photo. :P

nice sump BOE.

I have seen a lot of peeps asking how to build one, perhaps you should share that in more threads, or start a new one. it would be a great help to others, and I don't know if they will look here :frown:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back