Ochi is here

Hello Everyone-

Ochi is doing great!!! neptune was not home last night and I think he was a little sad that he could not be home playing with his new friend. All went well and I have to say that I finally think he is coming around with me now. In the beginning he would only respond to Neptune. Last night, he danced along the glass for me and played on top of the ledge of the boat and in the algea. When I gently placed my finger on the glass as Neptune did the day before when he tried guiding Ocho to his food- he imediately repsonded as if he thought I was prompting him to look for food. Needless to say- he is getting more and more curious and we are loving it!

Hey sorry to disappoint but it looks like a shadow. To sex the octo, look at the tip of the third right arm. If it's male, it should be suckerless.

Very nice pics!!!! Bimacs have such great personalities, I miss that somewhat.....The tent. could just be a abnormality if it is split, can ya get a better pic? Just wait till he eats from your hand,,WOW what a great feeling that is :wink:

He does, he is a Pirate. Has a huge rock full of crevices he loves more, right now. But he is an explorer. And such a ham. He knows that camera, and wants to take a pic of me I think. :P

He has not eaten out of my hand, but we are already really close to that. Everyday he does his flash dance, when I come home telling me he is hungry. Then when I put the clams in his tentacles go nuts. He is not scared of my arm or hand at all. It will happen soon, and I am definatly waiting for the day he actually grabs it.

I think Joel is right about the shadow. The split is not something I have seen before or after this shot, so good eyes Joel! oh and BTW - Sphene, this Calcium Titanium Silicate forms flattened wedge-shaped crystals; massive, compact and lamellar forms are also found. It occurs as an accessory mineral in igneous rocks

Why does the back of the 2nd pic look like its blackened out?

oh and BTW - Sphene, this Calcium Titanium Silicate forms flattened wedge-shaped crystals; massive, compact and lamellar forms are also found. It occurs as an accessory mineral in igneous rocks

:?:

Generally the grains are so small that the mineral is overlooked until thin section investigation is done.

Maybe it is because cephs are overlooked by too many. :P Is that where you are going with this?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back