[NOTICE]: TONMO.com overhaul

Me too; it's certainly growing on me (the additional functions are great).

Tony, the box in question is checked. I can see the images when logged on, but not when I log out. :confused:
Cheers
O

Emperor said:
Tony: Good luck - I have done a number of these and they can be a pain.

Can I ask what the new forum software is and why you needed to mvoe from phpBB2? I like to keep abreast of such things :wink:

I know with the current Santy worm that phpBB's ubiquity is causing it problems and I am aware of some concerns about it.

No need to answer this until you are out the other side :wink:

Emps
As promised, my explanation is as follows:

I switched to vBulletin -- thanks to the donations from TONMO.com Supporters, I have funds for the site to do so. phpBB is an open source (i.e. free and community-supported) community system. I won't disparage them, their support and their product is/was pretty great. However, vBulletin is superior in a number of respects, not the least of which is security. Without getting into too much detail, you get what you pay for. :smile: Email me with any questions, happy to discuss.

I'd made some frames for a friend of mine who is a programmer, and when him and his wife came by yesterday to pick them up, I happened to be on Tonmo (what a suprise)...I showed him several of the pages, including this one, and his eyes got very wide...he was most impressed, as am I !
Kudos to Tony for all this work !!! :notworth: :glass: !!!!!
greg

Thanks! :cool2: We're getting there.

Something else to note: the "Archive" link at the bottom of the page ([URL2=[URL]http://www.tonmo.com/forums/archive/index.php]here's[/URL] the direct link[/URL2]) provides a very printer-friendly version of each forum thread, have a look.

Also, I know I'm repeating myself, but the "related threads" feature at the bottom of each thread is really cool. :smile:

Oh, and something else FYI... when posting notes, if you want to link to another site and you DON'T want the link to spawn a new browser, use the "url2" tag. If you DO want it to spawn a new thread, just use the "url" tag.

So here's an example using the "url" tag: About Us, new window

...and here's an example using the "url2" tag: [URL2=[URL]http://www.tonmo.com/about.php]About[/URL] Us, same window[/URL2]

Hi tony

what basis does the programing use to find related links... they are quite obscure sometimes or is that the cool part? :smile:

Er, um, no, they're not supposed to be very obscure... :hmm:

I can configure the settings to make the logic "smarter", will have a closer look at what we're getting here...

um... said:
Eeeeek!! There are Google Spiders in TONMO.com right now! Somebody pass me a shoe or something--quick!

:goofysca: I just counted 13 of them when I checked out who was online ... Sends a shiver down my spine too!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back