[NOTICE]: TONMO.com overhaul

I'm just posting this to see what I can do, since the wet lab is full of squid beaks in jars...

:drwho:

Don't remember seeing this one before - I always liked Tom Baker as The Doctor, John Pertwee was the best though, imho.

Hi, tried uploading a picture and got an error message:

39Kb isn't very big for an image - in fact most images up here will be way bigger than that. 200Kb might be a better upper limit.

Attachments

• conv_287393.jpg
    conv_287393.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 75
Architeuthoceras said:
I'm getting little red x

Three more of those, paint 'em yellow, and you've got yourself a bad Aussie beer.

I saw the little red "x's" earlier this avo too, where an image would normally be embedded in the body of a message. Then the x's disappeared, and what's left is the image details at the bottom of the post minus the
details ... and when you click on them you get an error message of some description (I'm a pleb when it comes to this stuff).

You also don't automatically log out when you accidentally hit the wrong button and shut the web down (as I just did ... playing around); came back online and I'm still here. Dangerous stuff. Must check out my settings (could be on 'remember me' or something to that effect).

Kevin: Images are back, my bald spot is hidden no more.

Joel: Posts per page is now 20.

Matt: Thanks, will crank up the limit.

Steve: Matt is right, it's the Remember Me function. To disable, simply click the Log Out link, then log back in without clicking the "Remember Me" checkbox.

The darndest thing T - the images are back when I'm logged out, but when I log in again and try the same thing I just get the following

"..... and here are two pics from our very own files (way back in the dark ages)

http://www.tonmo.com/phpBB/download.php?id=74

http://www.tonmo.com/phpBB/download.php?id=78"

This was the last post on the octopus hair thing in P & B.

So I log out again and apparently my cookies (that I didn't know I'd eaten) are cleared, then click on the link and the pics come up fantastic. So, I log in again and get no pics. Off, pics; on, no pic. I've done this a couple of times and had my cookies cleaned so often - I cookiless now.

You know what's really cool? Hover your mouse over forum Thread titles (e.g., "[NOTICE]: TONMO.com overhaul"), and you'll get a "tooltip" preview of the content of that seed post. Here's a screenshot.

Btw, note that attached images will automatically display (no need to edit your post to display your image on-screen).

Attachments

• conv_287394.jpg
    conv_287394.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 70
Steve O'Shea said:
The darndest thing T - the images are back when I'm logged out, but when I log in again and try the same thing...
Darnedest indeed. It's a "me" thing, not a "you" thing, I'll follow up.

I noticed theres a new option thingy on the bottom of posts that says report bad posts????? Sure are lots of new things to get used to!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back