[NOTICE]: TONMO.com overhaul

It's a robot (hmmm.... that might be more frightening than a spider) that scans through the site for keywords, content, etc., to be added to the Google search engine. So, when you search for "octopus" on Google, you're sure to find TONMO.com. :cool2:

Nahhh, spiders are still scarier than robots. Unless of course, they're robot spiders like on Johnny Quest.

vBulletin Message
"According to our records you have already voted on this thread. Changing votes is not allowed."
:mrgreen:

tonmo said:
It's a robot (hmmm.... that might be more frightening than a spider) that scans through the site for keywords, content, etc., to be added to the Google search engine. So, when you search for "octopus" on Google, you're sure to find TONMO.com. :cool2:

Neil :mrgreen:

Those spiders aren't doing a very good job. Of 814,000 google hits for Neil Diamond, only 88 hits for Neil Diamond + TONMO.

We need more Neil online!

.... a staggering 26,200 web pages include the term TONMO.com (it could be TONMO + com ... I'm a little confused)

Folks!! Sorry about today's outage. It has NOTHING to do with the new system, believe it or not. It's just that the ENTIRE database on our server was out of commission for completely non-TONMO.com related reasons. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but am glad we're back! (that was scary)

tonmo said:
...we've unfortunately lost all attachments. Pretty disasterous. I do have a local copy of those files, but the near-impossible trick will be identifying those images and attaching them to past posts as appropriate.
(Clem beats his head against the floor)

Is there any way you could make these local copies accessible to moderators/contributors, who could (very) gradually work their way through them and assign them to identifiable categories? I haven't saved very many of the attachments I've posted, so the prospect of starting over is pretty nauseating.

:yuck:

Folks,

When we imported the old forum into the new, ALL your private messages came along with it (even ones deleted long ago). As a result, many of your Private Message inboxes and sentboxes may be full or overflowing, preventing you from sending/receiving new PMs.

To remedy this, don't just delete them, but rather download them by clicking on the appropriate link in the lower right corner of your inbox / sentbox folder. See attachment for guidance.

After you download them for your personal records, you should then go ahead and delete your mail to free up your space so you can use the PM feature. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• conv_287502.jpg
    conv_287502.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 81
Attachments now appear as thumbnails, and there are no size restrictions. Cool!

Still have not figured out a solution for the "legacy images" issue, very daunting indeed.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back