[NOTICE]: TONMO.com overhaul

Ok, a couple things...

I just set up the TONMO.com Supporters... they're paying for the access, after all! I have yet to set up Moderators and Special Contributors. Once I do that, Kevin's rank (for example) will be an SC, not a Supporter.

Speaking of ranks, I still need to set up larval masses and all that jazz.

Kevin, to your point, definitely seeing some smiley conflicts, will add that to the list.

Also...

Embedded images now work again regardless of whether you're logged in or out, the TONMO.com gallery of avatars is now available in your User CP (or you can upload your own), and all Moderators, Supporters and Special Contributors have been assigned to their respective groups, so the Supporter's Forum is up and running. Mods, I still have to assign you to your respective forums, will do that tomorrow-ish.

Onward! :snail: :smile:

...and a random poll is now available for all ont he homepage. This is pulled at random from all polls created since, well I guess November 2002. Enjoy that one!

Howdo Tony; is it just me or have we lost most of the threads in each forum? The numbers don't add up. Ta
O

No problemo; the embedded images are down again too (reduced to an X in a box).

We've got a bit of an issue with attached photos. I'm having a hard time bringing the old forum down without also losing the attachments.

I have them all -- all -- in a folder that I'm downloading to my PC as we speak. But getting them onto the forums may need to be a manual edit-and-attach job. Sorry about the inconvenience of this, will work something else out if I can.

/running for cover...

Ouch. I did this for all P & B & Marine Cons forums the day before the site went down (did at work rather than dialup at home ... would have taken an eternity); it took the entire day. If you can direct me to 'the old site' somewhere online ... ? ... and give me temp moderator status on some of the other forums, I can do this for those forums as well (rather than having others/yourself try and do this from home). Just a thought.
Cheers, O

The Image Gallery is now fully integrated with the new system.

The "Show Similar Threads" feature at the bottom of every thread list is an AWESOME feature (especially for newbies), check it out.

We ended up having a serious problem with the old forum -- it was, shall we say, "compromised". :rolleyes: As such, we've unfortunately lost all attachments. Pretty disasterous. I do have a local copy of those files, but the near-impossible trick will be identifying those images and attaching them to past posts as appropriate. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience of this, it seems this is the worst casualty we've had in switching over.

It will also take some time to get the OCTO Database back up. It was fully integrated with the old system, so now it's a matter of hooking it up with this userbase. I'll work on this as well.

Please continue to post any observations of strangeness, etc. so I can address it. Thanks again for your tremendous support through all this!

Hmmmm. Just embedded a few more images on SQUIDCAM thread, but they're only visible to me when logged on. Most bizarre. :confused:

tonmo said:
Hmm, by default, we're only showing posts from the past 30 days. I'll change that to show threads from all-time.
Tony, an alternative plan which would mitigate bandwidth use whilst still allowing members to view all posts would be to create an option in the CP (control panel) of members to view all posts if they wish, keeping default as you have determined.

HTH ~a.f. :smile:

a.f.: true, true. I've now set the default to 20, but for anyone who wants to change this, they can go to the User CP (see link at upper-left of this page), then go to Edit Options. There's an option in there to specify how many posts to display per thread, the default choice is to use the Forum Default, which as I stated is 20. Options are 10,20,30, or 40.

Steve: go to the same place described above. Have a look at the "allow images" option. Is it checked for you? If not, check it. I am able to see your images embedded in your latest SquidCam post.

As for attachments to posts from the "old" board, still working on that one...

Lastly, on the subject of images, note that the "Latest Image" in the image gallery is back online...

....also, the OCTO Database is almost back, but not quite... you can view existing tanks and create new ones, but I'm having trouble with the editing existing tanks thing, and managing inhabitants. Good progress tho!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back