[News]: Colossal squid stops traffic in Wellington - ABC Online

sorseress;129653 said:
Do you speak from experience? :heee: We may need to create a new smiley for you....or maybe not.....:oops:

Of course I have... My lack of tact and charm is legendary and often generates withering looks from very serious (Squid) museum people..:roflmao::roflmao:

sorseress;129813 said:
You mean there actually ARE serious squid museum people? Is SOS an anomaly?

SOS is an anomaly and his passion is contagious. There is a whole gaggle of museum people who know not much about biology that have become serious Squid geeks. All power to them I say...

baldtankman;129816 said:
SOS is an anomaly and his passion is contagious. There is a whole gaggle of museum people who know not much about biology that have become serious Squid geeks. All power to them I say...

:cool2: happily I am one without being the other - don't know much about biology AND am not serious....

re the bubbles I did suggest (tongue in cheek) that we used those magnetic fish-tank cleaner thingeys - you know the ones that clean from both sides at once - would've moved the bubbles anyway.

I think ultra-sound will do bad things to the lid....

Five signs you are a serious Colossal Squid geek

1. You know how many arms and tentacles a squid has and you can tell them apart
2. You know 3 or more of the Colossal squid team on a 1st name basis
3. You appear in more the one "examination" photo (even worse if it appears on the web)
4. You own any jewelry that is in the shape of or resembles the shape of a CS particularly any hand made by Pamela!
5. You spent more than 2 hours at Te Papa between 6pm Friday and 6pm Sunday this weekend...

I rest my case..

baldtankman;129816 said:
SOS is an anomaly and his passion is contagious

SOS gave his last-ever giant/colossal squid talks last weekend (and I'm not joking)! Am moving on now.

baldtankman;129965 said:
Five signs you are a serious Colossal Squid geek

1. You know how many arms and tentacles a squid has and you can tell them apart
2. You know 3 or more of the Colossal squid team on a 1st name basis
3. You appear in more the one "examination" photo (even worse if it appears on the web)
4. You own any jewelry that is in the shape of or resembles the shape of a CS particularly any hand made by Pamela!
5. You spent more than 2 hours at Te Papa between 6pm Friday and 6pm Sunday this weekend...

I rest my case..

:roll: HA!

I'm not then - don't own any ceph jewellery.....

and I call everyone on the team 'Sir'...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back