[News]: Colossal squid stops traffic in Wellington - ABC Online

No, no it can't be true :confused:- no more great squid talks from SOS. Your public needs you Steve, consider the children of NZ.

From your criteria BTMan I must be a very serious colossal squid geek. Does anyone know where you go to get help for this condition?

Like Stickybeak I'm a newbie here and just learning the rules, but if anyone asks, I have just paid up to become a supporter. You know you can do it BTMan.:smile:

Am done with it I'm afraid; must find something new, but fresh water mussels (FWM) most certainly aren't on the horizon.

Hopefully will be out commercial squid jigging soon; that might open up an entirely new area of research for us.

Steve O'Shea;129981 said:
Am done with it I'm afraid; must find something new, but fresh water mussels (FWM) most certainly aren't on the horizon.

Hopefully will be out commercial squid jigging soon; that might open up an entirely new area of research for us.

Morid otoliths?

Have you considered assisting BTM and myself in ridding the waterways of aotearoa of imported salmonids?

Can you say Galiteuthis phyllura? :sink:

Steve O'Shea;129968 said:
SOS gave his last-ever giant/colossal squid talks last weekend (and I'm not joking)! Am moving on now.

Seems I heard something similar in a speach given almost two years ago :razz:. However, just in case, we rewatched the one of the In Search of Discovery specials tonight (the one where you were back at the ranch)

Tintenfisch;130062 said:
It's ok, I was a knight in a past life. :wink: BTW I think females are immune to the Antisquid due to the 5kg/20g sexual dimorphism of the brain. :wink: :wink:

Sir Kat the bold? I would think of a witty comeback to your small brain inference, but I have a short attention span...

sloanii, gouldi or both?? I'd love to hear about any parasites you might spot, as I still don't have an id on my mystery beasts from the N.sloanii sample I have from the snares shelf (& one from the nugget point region!)

J

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back