[Octopus]: Licik/Misty - A. Aculeatus? - Jocco's Pus

You CAN offer fish on occasion as a treat (crawfish are also well received - you can freeze the tails but not the whole animal. If feeding live, be sure it has been taken and killed within an hour so it does not die in the saltwater and pollute) as long as they were not fish kept in an aquarium (where copper is almost guaranteed as a treatment). ANY food from your fish market is fair game to try but limit the fish to treats as they don't contain enough of the needed fats for a regular diet. Typically, they will eat the soft parts of the fish and throw out the rest.

She cleaned the bones well enough, certainly didn't just eat the belly. The shrimp and pencil urchin cleaned up what she threw out.

Yesterday we made a Jerry #4 around 8pm; she got it again without us seeing, before 9am.
She is looking at me now - which means she is eating 3 fiddler crabs comfortably.
I need to take an afternoon off of work and go digging at the asian market for something a little bigger to vary up her diet.

Misty was all over the glass last night (before she ate Jerry #4).

Displayed a very sandy coloration for a while last night too, and arm with web.

Attachments

• 20160222_221951.jpg
    20160222_221951.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 107
  • 20160222_223355.jpg
    20160222_223355.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:
She also ate Jerry #5 within the hours we were sleeping, the same night we put him in the jar.

Jerry #6 is in tonight, along with 2 other crabs free in the tank.

We just observed her taking food balls and dropping them by her den. I wonder if she is baiting the crabs.

She does the bridge posture when there is a Jerry.

What about human fingers?

Ohh! Haha. I cut my finger at work (we also sell pipes). I was digging in the return bin, and was sliced.

So... is it me... or is "her" third arm curled?
This is a dark vid we took after lights out, hoping she would get jerry #6. She instead spent a long time trying to get out. Still is.
Making me very sad.

Vid not cooperating, will upload tomorrow

In the last two weeks we have noticed since running out of fiddlers, and feeding her shrimp. Misty is tired of shrimp. She has had a couple of clams a couple days ago. We didn't see her yesterday or today so far - fiddlers finally came in.
We hope that gets her out.

Saturday she was dancing all over the tank. Pervious days and nights we saw her out and about too.

We hope this isn't what we think it is...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back