[Octopus]: Licik/Misty - A. Aculeatus? - Jocco's Pus

Dear Tonmo,

Where do I report devil's advocates?

:jester:

I know you're both half/all serious, but I am pretty sure it took her a few days to nab the crab in the jar. There are clues in the sand and lack there of :smile:

Along with coming out during the main hours we are home, she seems to be reaching out on the glass when Rocco is close to the tank (usually feeds her, doesn't flinch like I still do lol).

I'm thinking after Vday/Feb, I should have the little extra. It is the height of busy season at work.
Behind the scenes, hm?

This was taken today.

What's the good/bad?

We're guessing the color change is a "let me eat" sign. Roc felt her siphon water jet at him, another "go away". The flinching started because he worries he is grabbing to bite.

We should try making contact, minus food. Yes?

Rock did well. I do, however (as you mentioned) recommend separating interaction time from feeding time. Bites are uncommon but they do happen. The couple of nips I have had never broke the skin and were from long familiar senescent animals that did not want to leave my hand when I tried to put them back on the rock. What you don't want to do is make her think she has to fight to keep her supper.

Hm. Okiedokie. No more tug-o-stick. Makes sense.

The chopstick feedings, this week, she has been sliding the food down off from between the sticks.
The toothpick feedings, this week, are new. Get her used to Roc's hand being closer.

She pulled the plant and clam closer to where she has made her new den - inside the conch behind Octo Rock. Likes to peek around it, stretch on it, and watch us, or whatever else.

Tonight she made a move at Dart, the Chromis. I missed recording it of course.
I don't think the fish is long for this world, thus the easy target.

The vid was taken late afternoon - she was out hunting again about an hour ago - so I gave her another piece of shrimp.

She is eating the medium sized fiddlers and the smaller ones; I upped the size of the piece of shrimp too. Same slices, but now are about the width of my little finger, about half the size of a key on my MacBook (laptop). Today she had 2 of them - so far no problem.

She must have been stuffed, she was a little illusive the days after Sunday.

Yesterday we picked up more fiddlers to keep in the critter carrier (and 3 sexy shrimp for our little tank). We placed one crab directly into the tank, and another in the jar.
Let the shrimpies drip acclimate for the other tank for a while and released them.
After an hour or so she came out, eyed up the jar, and I guess forgot how to get into the jar :/
1 sexy shrimp died, I saw it get into a scuffle with one of the others.

Woke up this morning to 2 dead sexy shrimp, 1 dead crab, 1 crab in a jar.

Going to name jar crab Jerry #2 (and so on)
Anyone who watches Rick and Morty should laugh at this. Here is a clip of the Jerry Daycare episode... hehe.

She got Jerry #2!

Jerry #2 was alive when I came home from work last night/this morning, 2am. Still alive when I went to bed 3am. Finally dragged my butt out of bed to get to work today, 11am. Must have been taken in those early morning hours again.
Ooooo... I am going to catch her in the act! I WILL!

All 3 sexy shrimp also died too. Sad.

Our teeny feather duster grew. Yay.

Rick & Morty is sort of a trippy show, the longer episode is great. The revelation to leave daycare, and what happens when he gets back is very funny. The episodes are about a half hour long, very easy to get through the seasons. It is an Adult Swim twist on Doc and Marty McFly.

I like (and identify with) the occasional bit of this kind of humor but am not a fan of TV for much of my entertainment (opposite my spouse). This is right down my daughter-in-law's alley though so I will have to ask her if she watches it.

Jerry #3 went into the jar, Friday around 8:30pm.
It is now 3am, only 1 attempt at the jar with me around. None since 10pm.

I crochet.
Along with listening to music, a TV marathon helps me get through blanket making. Lately I have been enjoying the quiet. Well, as quiet as a room with 2 tanks can be.

Maybe I should give audio books another go. I love to read, but my current schedule isn't giving me proper time to rip into a book.

Also, I get a few pages in, and find myself peeking at the tank. #octopusownerproblems

Red light, green light
Intro to skeleton lego
Playing with skeleton like it was a teddy bear

Pics from last week

Attachments

• 20160129_010703.jpg
    20160129_010703.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 20160129_011154.jpg
    20160129_011154.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 20160129_214959.jpg
    20160129_214959.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 104
  • 20160207_134522.jpg
    20160207_134522.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 102
More skeleton playing today
Bending and moving plants on the other side of the tank, nice pose
Dancing pause- in the video she went a lil bonkers.
When she came around, still going a lil bonkers from video.

Attachments

• 201602079513024595resized.jpg
    201602079513024595resized.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 20160207_143659.jpg
    20160207_143659.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 95
  • 20160207_141847.jpg
    20160207_141847.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 143
  • 20160207_141830.jpg
    20160207_141830.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 92
I was playing with my fingers on the tank, she would duck behind them and peek around them, interact with them on the glass, hang out a bit today. Then she ducked under Octo Rock, and started being bonkers. Maybe too much interaction? Was it a tease?

Webbing display, first one I caught for video.

Some tank exploring/interaction

Attempt on Jerry #3

She started dancing on the tank more, flashing color, going from one side of the tank to the other. It went on for minutes before I realized MAYBE she can see the critter carrier on the table across from her. We put a few crabs in the tank, she seems to be happy. I think we saw our first food dance. (Not the video above.)

This is the 2nd crab we put in, the first one was teeny.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back