H.P. Lovecraft - A. aculeatus... I think...

LMAO I went looking and found this on fishlore...

MTS :
abbreviation for Multiple Tank Syndrome. This syndrome usually afflicts those aquarists that have achieved success with keeping fish. They soon want "just one more tank" in order to keep a different or bigger species. They may not know it at the time, but they will soon get a third tank. The cycle continues until you run out of space or money. This syndrome spreads quickly and takes tremendous willpower to keep in check. There is no known cure at this time.
MTS could also be in reference to Malaysian Trumpet Snail. You've just got to use context to tell which one a member is referring to.

BTW I have 3 now lol.

SHE TOUCHED ME!!!

She was exploring at the top of the tank touching the lid, I was worried that maybe she was trying to escape (something wrong with my water that I cant test for) so I took the lid off for a few just to see what she would do. I then wiggled my fingers in the tank for a bit while she watched me. I was feeling brave after like 5 min so I slowly moved in closer and touched just a small part of her arm... she then reached up and touched me back YAY!!!

Oh, you are now caught,hook, line and sinker.

You found a most appropriate definition given by someone with my same sense of humor (especially the inclusion of the snail explaination). I need to come up with something as poignant for TBO "Touched By an Octo" to describe the mental attachment that occurs when interaction sends excitement through the contact nerves. :wink:

FWIW mine was very active during the day right up until I put live shrimp in the tank with him. He would come out and grab the crabs, and eat them in front of me, now he grabs them and retreats to his hidey-hole. I think being the only life form in the tank is preferable. Also, mine is still on Indonesia time. Not quite diurnal (I'm east coast) so I figure it must be some sort of inner clock telling hiikm when to be active. Great little octopus, I've been so pleased with mine!

Joe

Shrimp are funny. Sometimes it looks like they are taunting the octos. They are not supposed to be very smart but I have noted that if you put in multiples, only one one becomes food ...

You made contact? I am very happy for you :biggrin2:
diablo is on a similar scedule, I love being able to view her and she is also viewing me. When she emerges each afternoon, she tries to get my attention so I will give her food.

HP was a little slugish yesterday almost like she had trouble removing her suckers from the wall. She also seemed like she was looking for a way out. I tested the ammonia and it was at .25 so I did a water change late last night. I tested the water and everything is good this morning. I hope thats all it was. I think the spike was caused by the crawfish I still havent found. I will be doing another water change tomorrow or Monday, as I cant get more water till Tueday. The ammonia is testing normal now so I will have to wait and see how she acts this afternoon when she wakes up.

Has anyone else seen this kind of slugishness? Should I be worried that its more than the ammonia?

101_0041a.jpg

101_0040.jpg

None of mine have ever made escape attempts but have checked out the top perimeter. I know how you feel, even though I a pretty sure my cover is seccure, I still worry especially when I am not home. Would be an aweful sight, I have 2 cats.
Captfish's Leggs did try, I remember a photo with Leggs 1/2 out of the tank. One of my all time favorite photos, it was a YIKES moment! :bugout:

Penelope like to explore the lid as well. I even found it slightly open when I had forgotten to secure it. I came in an it was open about two inches and she was sitting right there.

Captfish's Leggs did try, I remember a photo with Leggs 1/2 out of the tank. One of my all time favorite photos, it was a YIKES moment

She did that all the time! it was one of her ways of playing.

DSCN0325.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back