Finding Nemo

oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

You must be watching someone else Tani?

I have never seen a person make such an interesting subject so uninteresting before... a real talent he has for painting everything a real vibrant shade of B L A N D........

Even worse is the patronising voice that narates the series! I particularly remember him looking at a Cooks tree boa and he was blowing in its face. The Voice said, ' mark is actually trying to calm the snake down' hahahahaha thats one of the best ways to noise a snake up enough to strike at his bulbous nose and look 'amazing' for the cameras.

ever seen the one where he gets bitten by a venemous snake? He jumps out the car and grabs it and admits on camera that he didnt know what it was before he grabbed it? Then refused any treatment? My hero!!! :lol:

And another ocassion looking at crocs with a real croc expert and he was told he could catch one from the boat but not anything about a certain size that would be a female as the real croc expert didnt want the females disturbed as they may be ready to mate ( or was it lay eggs???)and he sees a croc and jumps in anyway.. knowing full well it was a female and admits to the camera that he did it anyway cuz he thought he might not get another chance to do it!

I'd have dumped him there and then if i was the croc man

I have been to some of the places he has and i dont remember the rainforest looking so grey when i was there???

If you want an half hour programme on TV where there is a made up 'adventure' and you know he will find the animal in the last few minutes and tears will fall freely from your eyes with boredom???? Marks your man!

hmmmm was that too harsh?
Allegedly

OK gang, I see that I'm in the unenviable position of being Mark O'Shea's sole defender. :P I thought y'all were just getting on his case because he lacked good looks or a stage personality. (So did Roy Orbison, but that was balanced out by having IMHO the greatest voice of any ballad singer in the history of rock -- sorry, Elvis fans!)

However, if Mark O'Shea is as incompetent a naturalist as Colin says he is -- and certainly Colin is in a better position to discern that than I am -- then MO'S does deserve censure. But if he doesn't even have good professional credentials, why on earth did ANIMAL PLANET (or the BBC, or whoever) pick up the option on his show? Did they feel sorry for him because of his mum's death? (At least David Attenborough has the advantage of a famous father.) 'Tis a mystery....

One thing I can safely predict: The odds of Mark O'Shea making it to one of our Geek Gals' Hotties Lists, is about the same as Paul Reubens making it as a contender on WWE SMACKDOWN.

:mrgreen:

Wow...what a plethora of info tidbits! O'shea is that drab geek yakking about reptiles on animal planet...got that. Some of you actually like Elvis...(yikes) and some of you like Patton better than E.
Hmmm. you have to admit, this is a diverse group!
1. I can't stand animal cranks of any sort...this "nutter" (borrowed from kapoc) O'shea sounds like a ripe turd. Refusing medical treatment???? Hells bells!
2. Personally, I like This Mortal Coil or Chris Isaak better than Orbison or Elvis, but music is a touchy subject, so lets just let sleeping dogs lie...
3. What about Rommel? I know he didn't piss in any rivers on film, but he sure was a great general. So was Monty though...but you gotta admit, Patton had spunk!
There you have it. :grad:
Greg

Also from Disney is the Peter Pan sequel, "Return to Neverland".

Instead of "Tick-Tock," the infamous alligator who haunted Captain Hook in the original, this movie features "Octopus". Octopus is a menacing creature not unlike Tick-Tock, who wants to inflict harm on the evil Captain. So he's kind of a villainous hero -- a bad guy after the bad guy.

Here's the official site -- the trailer doesn't seem to be available any more (seems it was released in Feb 2002), but you can see Octopus along with a brief description... they call him a "silly squid". :roll: Interesting, though, that he emulates the tick-tock sound by "sticking and unsticking several of his suction cups".

Disney's Return to Neverland

Apparently this "missing-arms" stuff is endemic to the entertainment and toy industries. "Wiggly", the orange Beanie Baby Squid, has a similar handicap (eight arms, no feeding tentacles). And we won't even talk about SPONGEBOB's nemesis Squidward, who -- with six arms, a bad attitude, and no musical talent -- was clearly designed for the defamation of the entire Class Cephalopoda.

:squid: :heart: :spongebo:

[NOTE TO OUR FEARLESS LEADER: Don't you think it's about time we got a Squidward emoticon?]

TaningiaDanae said:
[NOTE TO OUR FEARLESS LEADER: Don't you think it's about time we got a Squidward emoticon?]
Haven't been able to find one that's suitable... if you know of one, let me know and I will fearlessly review it for inclusion! :smile: :police:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back