Finding Nemo

WhiteKiboko said:
is that when he moves in with doby and christopher lowell?

:shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or when our hero takes a blasphemous unspeakable image of the Elder Gods to be appraised on the "Antiques Road Show":

"Well, what you have here appears to be a Whateley original -- see the maker's mark in human blood on the bottom? -- dating back to, oh, around 1809. Would you care to take a guess as to what it's worth, Mr. Potter?"

"Glumph umph gurgl murgl gluggggg...."

"Not even close! In fact, there are only thirteen images of this kind in existence, all found around the Miskatonic Valley. In fact, rounded out to the nearest Number of the Beast, its retail value is at least $666,666. What do you think of that, Mr. Potter?"

"Gurgl glubb mumph urgl iggabbl mmbl nrphhhh...."

"I just knew you'd be thrilled to hear that! So now that you know what a valuable objet d'art has been sitting in your dungeon all these decades, what do you plan to do?"

"I'm going to Disneyland!"

:mrgreen:

Christopher Lowell would have to "just cover up all of those odd angles and intersections of the walls with silk and tassels...and those basalt monoliths over there...well, we can paint them gold to brighten up the room a bit...except that one in the middle that thrusts upwards...we'll just leave that one black!"
"Isn't this just going to be FABULOUS!!!"

Moog said... 'Collision with a good meal is what he needs.'

collision with the ground from a height upwards of 1/2 mile is more what he needs!
Worst presenter of natural history ever... even Stevo beats him! LOL

cthulhu77 said:
OK, I will bite...

OUCH! Watch the beak, willya?

:jester:
cthulhu77 said:
who IS M. O'shea?????

Well, to be fair, he really isn't a bad guy -- though I must admit, Colin and Moog's descriptions were spot-on and hilarious! Mark O'Shea is this Brit herpetologist (don't let the Aussie hat fool ya) on ANIMAL PLANET, who's about 6'5" and weighs as much as Kate Moss. He is also at the opposite end of the image spectrum from Croc Hunter -- he speaks in this FLAT UNVARYING MONOTONE and never, ever smiles. You feel like giving him £100 and saying, "Here, mate, go buy yourself a personality."

That being said, I have no question that he sincerely cares about the wellbeing of animals and humans. I remember one episode of his show O'SHEA'S BIG ADVENTURE (not to be confused with PEE-WEE'S BIG ADVENTURE, which was a lot more exciting :heee: ) where he visited a third-world hospital for snakebite victims and expressed great concern about the necessity for developing better and more accessible antivenins. In that respect MO'S appears to be more simpático than Jeff Corwin -- who, though I find him delightful to the mind and the eye, sometimes shows a streak of Yuppie condescension towards indigenous peoples on his own show (THE JEFF CORWIN EXPERIENCE).

Anyway, judge for yourself -- if you've got ANIMAL PLANET on cable, check it out. Or, if not, here's the Mark O'Shea website for your perusal -- some of it is actually quite touching:

Mark O'Shea Official Website

Slytherin away,
Tani
Still in Detention with the Potions Prof. :wink:

Basically, he's ugly, ugly and dull, but mostly ugly. I remember watching him once on the trail of some fantastic creature, half an hour in, he'd found chuff all, in fact it was a big non-event, I gave up, I think he was looking for a gigantic frog or something.

Not that I'm being shallow or anything :wink: . He looks like Vincent Van Gogh's emaciated cousin. AND his cartoon on that website makes him look like a rugged full-of-face Indiana Jones type..PAH!

Am I being harsh?

The Moog said:
He looks like Vincent Van Gogh's emaciated cousin.

Whose name, strangely enough, was Gordo.

Am I being harsh?

Not at all, Moog. You've been in the States for a spell and seen what rugged, full-of-face men we are. It's Eisenhower vs. Monty all over again, and with the same result.

Wouldn't you agree, Phil?

Clem

The Moog said:
Am I being harsh?

No, just being accurate. I guess the problem is that Mark O'Shea doesn't have the personality for nature shows -- though he'd make a fine college professor or zoo/museum curator. People make fun of Steve Irwin's quirks, but the fact is that his "jolly swagman" charm and hyper-enthusiasm are what make the show so wildly successful. (Do you really think that Dame Edna would've shown up to goof around with the host on O'SHEA'S BIG ADVENTURE? Crikey! :lol: )

When I read Mark O'Shea's mini-autobiography with the tribute to his late mother, I was very touched. Oddly, Steve Irwin's mum also had some sort of untimely death (I think it was in a car crash). One thing these very opposite individuals have in common, was an uncommon respect for, and devotion to, their parents. So especially being a mum myself, I found that reading MO'S's online "Curriculum Vitae" brought very real tears to my eyes.

If you want some detailed reptile or amphibian footage, Mark O'Shea's your man. If you want something that holds the interest of a lay audience, you're better off with CROC HUNTER (further details on the Members-Only "Hotties" thread! :wink:)

"Sea" ya,
The Tanster

Clem said:
It's Eisenhower vs. Monty all over again,

not that its all that important but i think patton wouldve fit in better.... sure ike was 5 yrs younger, but me thinks he was a bit too polite (does boorish behavior enhance ruggedness?)

WhiteKiboko said:
not that its all that important but i think patton wouldve fit in better....

The relative ruggedness quotients of Ike and George are debatable. The competition between Ike and Monty was direct and public, however. Besides, Ike is said to have had an active "social" life while in England, something I'm not aware of Patton having pursued.

Taking a dramatic leak in the Rhine is pretty damn rugged, though. Points to George for that one.

...sure ike was 5 yrs younger, but me thinks he was a bit too polite (does boorish behavior enhance ruggedness?)

See above.

Since "Hulk" has bounced "Nemo" from the top of the box-office list, I suppose I shouldn't feel too guilty about furthering a tangent.

:roll:

Clem

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back