• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttlefish Availablity

Opcn;102393 said:
I highly suspect that its a male being so small at this time of year, so I am fairly confident that he could live out his days happy as a clam in the 24 with all its caves (rock work in my tanks always goes from one side to the other)

Um... my males were about twice as big as my female...

Opcn;102393 said:
I've also got a 29 gallon that I aquascaped specifically for baby cuttles with three shelves that each run about 2/3rds of the way across the tank at various levels.

I don't think you will have much luck feeding 0-1 month olds in such a large space.

Then when they grow to big for it I've got a 55 that I can set up for them, and a buddy with a 120 that would take a few. At this point I'm just focusing on proof of concept with this one, I highly suspect that its a male being so small at this time of year, so I am fairly confident that he could live out his days happy as a clam in the 24 with all its caves (rock work in my tanks always goes from one side to the other)

Maybe. For the last 4-6 months of life, mine were almost 5 inches long.

Hi everyone, my 180 is currently cycleing. It has been about 2 1/2 months now. If anyone knows/heres of anyone who has or can get a Sepia officinalis, or a S. Pharonis, or even a O. Vulgaris octopus, as my last choice, in the next couple months and can post me a tip that would be great! I am in Maryland, so they well probably have to ship.

Thanks alot, Swann

Don't know. The first batches weren't all that viable. Only a few hatched. Several more are inflated, so that bodes well. I also just caught a laying in action, pretty neat, and its the biggest clutch yet.

For anyone in the Tampa Bay area there is a fish store called Marine Warehouse off of Hillborough Ave (Town and Country area) that has a small cuddle just labeled "cuddlefish" for 49.99

I believe it was a Sepia bandensis ....the mantle was about 2 1/2 inches long, seemed to have a cool little personality on him though, didn't like my cell phone too much

Eclipse;103656 said:
For anyone in the Tampa Bay area there is a fish store called Marine Warehouse off of Hillborough Ave (Town and Country area) that has a small cuddle just labeled "cuddlefish" for 49.99

I believe it was a Sepia bandensis ....the mantle was about 2 1/2 inches long, seemed to have a cool little personality on him though, didn't like my cell phone too much

The little cuttle was sold...but one of the workers said they would special order eggs. That is what i'm getting my tank ready for. CANNOT WAIT! :biggrin2:

Brock, you should try calling that store and see if they would ship to you directly. Ive not worked with this retailer before, but Ive managed to talk many retailers into shipping to me before.

Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back