• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttlefish Availablity

I was reffering to the previous post in which they stated they would be ordering eggs. The store mentioned was in

tampa Bay called Marine Warehouse off of Hillborough Ave

I googled them and found thier phone number to be (813) 884-0787

Ahh, I see. I didn't see the relation between the egg post, and the Marine Warehouse post.

Yeah, i'll call them tomorrow, and post what they say. If they give the thumbs up, i'll ask for some pictures of the eggs with a light behind them to see if they are fertile (or get an idea if they're fertile).

Then i'll post back with my findings.

Been a while since I posted here but I am pretty sure Marine Warehouse doesn't get them in regularly, and they def don't have eggs at their location. I stop by the shop once every two weeks since it is a little out of my way and of all the times I have stopped only that one time was there a cuddle. I plan on going again sometime soon, so when i'm there i'll take a peek.

Oh ya and just so you know the store is a very quality store from what i have seen, all their tanks are very nicely set up and their fish all seem to be in great shape, i have never ran across a dead one yet. My point is they are pretty trustworthy in the fish department and when they get something in they will likely be pretty healthy and there wont be many worries. I have bought a Mantis Shrimp (peacock), a Zebra Eel and an Arc-eye Hawkfish from them and every one of them are still in great shape.

WC Bendensis hatchlings available

FYI -I just got 2 hatchlings from Aquatropics in Gainesville, FL-I have purchased from them before with great success -(look up my "Bill")

They had at least 5 more and get them on a regular basis.

For TONMO only:

I have some captive raised S. bandensis hatchlings and three month olds for sale. The hatchlings (hatched and eating mysis and prolly amphipods) are currently $40 each, plus shipping and boxing, the 3 month olds (eating frozen shore/bait shrimp and frozen mysis) are $75 each plus shipping and boxing. Payment accepted through paypal only. If you are interested please email me at [email protected]

You can see pics of these guys in this thread:
[Cuttlefish Eggs]: - Trying yet again at Daisy Hill

General info on the species available here:
Cephalopod Care

Some nitty gritties:

Please, serious/informed buyers only. It often happens in sales of captive raised cephs that people say "I want them, will you hold them for me". Then, after a dozen or so emails, they decide that these animals aren't for them (this actually happened this week :smile: ). So, please, serious/informed inquiries only.
I am happy to hold animals for a week or two with prepayment, with 50% refundable if you decide to back out.

:biggrin2:

Thanks guys!

Thales would you still have any cuttles available in a month or so? Im getting LR and sand this week, plus ordering a coralife protein skimmer. I want to start cycling the 29 (cuttle is my top choice for inhabitant), and I have some rocks/sand from my octos tank I can add to help seed...so hopefully I'd be looking at a little over a month for cycle, which is why Im curious if you think you'd still have any available.

Octavarium;112773 said:
Thales would you still have any cuttles available in a month or so? Im getting LR and sand this week, plus ordering a coralife protein skimmer. I want to start cycling the 29 (cuttle is my top choice for inhabitant), and I have some rocks/sand from my octos tank I can add to help seed...so hopefully I'd be looking at a little over a month for cycle, which is why Im curious if you think you'd still have any available.

No idea if I will have them then. :biggrin2: I think I will, but you never know.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back