A little fun with ranks :-)

so far, so good. Look, massive balls of snot floating around in the ocean aren't all of thaaaaat bad, are they?

You could be a cat. Cat's smell bad.

I am pleased to announce the revised ranking system. I think this is much better than the last! There's only one revision, highlighted in bold.

Lurker 0
Larval Mass 1
Pygmy Octopus 7
Cuttlefish 15
Blue Ring 30
O. bimaculoides 50
O. vulgaris 75
GPO 100
Wonderpus 175
Vampyroteuthis 250
Haliphron atlanticus 500
Architeuthis 2499
Colossal Squid 2500
Titanites 5000
Cthulhu 10000

:heee:

Ah well, ok, that was fun. I'll try again...

Lurker 0
Larval Mass 1
Pygmy Octopus 7
Cuttlefish 15
Blue Ring 30
O. bimaculoides 50
O. vulgaris 75
GPO 100
Wonderpus 175
Vampyroteuthis 250
Haliphron atlanticus 500
Sepia elegans ("The Elegant Cuttlefish") 750
Architeuthis 1000

Colossal Squid 2500
Titanites 5000
Cthulhu 10000

Interesting. Architeuthis rank is just for one post before promotion to Colossal Squid. I assume that this is to reflect that to spot one on TONMO will be as rare as spotting one in reality.

If Drs Kubodera and Mori ever log onto this forum (heaven forbid), I'm sure they'll find one.

Oh dear. Tony's gone and changed the rank system again in the few seconds between me reading it, writing the above and pushing 'send message'. Consequently my post above makes no sense.

No changes there then.

Well there must be something to them besides being "blobs", why else would they have been chosen to make up an entire 250(before was 500, as you well know) posts in the first place?

I happen to have been quite proud to be a large gelatinous blob, thank you very much! Made me feel a bit like later-period Orson Welles! Only a marine variety...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back